New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If the Elantra's 6-speed automatic is the same as the Tucson's, then that's a good transmission compared the Cruze's.
    Kaso hindi. Nabasa ko parang AG6 ata hindi ZF6 tranny..

Tapos ang weird pa. Kapag nasa D mode ka, 4 forward gears lang. Then kapag lumipat ka sa H-Matic (sportronic) mode, magiging 6 forward gears.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's weird. If true, it's possible that it achieves six speeds by using a double final ratio (which keeps the box size smaller and may account for Hyundai's claim that it uses less parts).

Hmmm... foreign reviews say the box is very responsive. If so, then it's a lot better than the Cruze box, which both foreign (and local... including my review here...) reviews peg as being very laggardly.

The question is whether the Elantra can match the Cruze in ride comfort and refinement. The Cruze's suspension tuning is about perfect... terrific comfort and great response. Some of my friends in the US say that the Elantra's set-up is way too soft... possibly bouncy... but our local Elantra may have different suspension tuning.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

How about vs Mitsu Lancer EX MX AT naman? Balita ako kasi may malaking cash discount ngayon ito, so almost same price na lang sya ng cruze and elantrana +/- few thousnads, what do you think? Wise buy ba ang lancer?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Great CVT, powerful engine, great handling (with the 18" mags... not so with the 16" mags, which also don't ride as well)... only thing is, interior quality is below that of the Cruze or even the Elantra... though the interior is certainly roomy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

How about PMS and parts costs? I know Hyundai is every 5k while chevy only every 10K but how about the costs and service?

How about real world fuel consumption? City and hway?

Thanks,
    Luke

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    How about ung M/T version ng Cruze ok naman ba ung power?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I hear it's not really about the power that the Cruze lacks.

It's about the sluggishness of the AT transmission. Based on the writeups, the MT is no slouch.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    why don't you ask your wife? kung ano gusto nya? then dun ka mag consider...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    I hear it's not really about the power that the Cruze lacks.

It's about the sluggishness of the AT transmission. Based on the writeups, the MT is no slouch.
    Cruze M/T, Elantra 6M/T, or Lancer EX GLX

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Too bad the local Elantra only has 6 speed manual for the base 1.6L variant. The 1.8L Elantra A/T with manual shift override should be almost as good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai Elantra 1.8GLS AT vs Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LS AT