1.performance
    2.fuel effiency
    3.maintenance
    4.comfort
    5.reliability

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    all * honda civic

maintenance and reliability- konti lang ang horror stories sa honda after support, and mas maayos magclaim ng warranty dito
    fuel efficiency - honda is now equipped with such gadget which could change your driving habit regardless how you step on the gas pedal
    reliability- no explanation needed
    performance - no explanation needed

* elantra - against the old civic fd baka may chance pa ito but even the toyota corolla could kick elantra's arse anytime... to bad for the design of the toyota corolla yun lang ang fault ng toyota

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    meron ulit bago lalabas na civic.. papalitan nila agad yung current design ng improved version.. so wait ka na lang dun..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post

* elantra - against the old civic fd baka may chance pa ito but even the toyota corolla could kick elantra's arse anytime... to bad for the design of the toyota corolla yun lang ang fault ng toyota
    Totoo po ba ito? Meron na po ba nakasubok to run the 1.8L Elantra head to head against the civic & toyota corolla?..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not really. I've driven the old 1.8 Corolla, and it wasn't nearly as quick. The new Corolla only comes in 1.6, which is much slower and 2.0, which is quicker but more expensive. The Elantra doesn't have as much sound insulation as the Corolla, but the interior is better.

1.performance - About the same. The Civic 2.0 now uses an R20 instead of the K20, it's decent, but lacks low-end punch. The Elantra's 1.8 is powerful and comes with a six-speed automatic, giving it better acceleration, at least up to 100 km/h. The Civic R20 is actually disappointing compared to the R18, and you really won't feel much difference between the two. The Hyundai 1.8, on the other hand, is a great motor, probably a little punchier than the Honda R18, if that's believable.

2.fuel effiency - Elantra.

3.maintenance - About the same. New Civic parts are pretty expensive.

4.comfort - The Civic has better sound insulation and a very, very smooth ride. The Elantra has a soft ride, but the shock damping isn't as good.

5.reliability - Unknown. Both new engine-transmission combos, both new cars. We've had several Hondas, and while the engine is reliable, there are electronic and electrical niggles, just as with any other brand.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Totoo po ba ito? Meron na po ba nakasubok to run the 1.8L Elantra head to head against the civic & toyota corolla?..
    A civic fd once played catch up with me in my ellie at slex. Hindi sya nakaabot. But then again, its not really racetrack driving situation. Baka mas malakas lang ang loob ko magpatakbo ng mabilis that time kesa dun sa driver ng civic. One thing i noticed is in open parts of the highway, iwan si fd sa acceleration. My ellie is 1.8.

Not too enthusiastic to do it again though, medyo bago pa kasi noon si ellie & i was still eager then to test her limits. Ngayon kabisado ko na sya and kampante na ako knowing her flaws and good points. Like what sir niky mentioned, elantra's NVH leaves something to be desired. Despite that, I'm still happy with her.

hyundai elantra 1.8 gls vs honda civic 2.0  el a/t