New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    What are your thoughts about these two guys? Priced at P798,000 (Soon to be increased by 20k?) or P858,000. I liked the responsiveness of the Elantra's 1.6 engine and it's driving dynamics but the Altis G got almost all the features of TOTL like auto-climate control, steering wheel audio controls, nice HU, foglights, side mirror turn signals, 6 speakers(is this true?) etc. Based on performance, which is what I look first on a car, I prefer the elantra but given the features that's inside the 1.6G, who wouldn't want those things inside your car anyway? Is the difference on its performance too much? like 0-100, responsiveness given they're both manual, and handling corners? Thanks for your inputs guys.

I'd get the Altis. I already had some good experiences with it and the aftersales support seems to be better.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    I'd get the Altis. I already had some good experiences with it and the aftersales support seems to be better.
    yun good aftersales service and cheap maintenance cost din ang isa pang nakita kong advantage ng altis, at more available parts just in case you need them. thanks for the reply sir.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    On paper, Elantra is the logical choice. 6 spd auto, better looking body, better rear passenger legroom, 1.8li, fuel mileage, North American Car of the Year, etc...

But you need to weight the pro and cons of HARI's (Hyundai distributor) after sales service. I don't have any personal experience in this matter so I will not comment any further.

OTOH, the Altis is a car that has sold millions since its inception and there are reasons for that. IMHO, the gadgets, bells and whistles electronic toys are not deal breakers. Less electronics means less breakdown and headaches down the line.

Hyundai Elantra 1.6 M/T vs Toyota Altis 1.6G M/T