New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Since their prices are almost the same, which would be the better choice overall? Syempre factored in ung fuel efficiency, space, comfort and driving fun.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Fuel efficiency - accent hatch. Malayong malayo. The figures and diesel is cheaper
    Space - jazz
    Comfort and driving fun - same for me

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    How is the fuel efficiency of the Jazz? I own an Accent & usually cover around 750 km a week (sometimes higher, sometimes lower). FC approximates 17km/li over a full tank. Back & forth baguio netted 23 km/lit. Revs low, 100 km/hr at 1850 rpm. If you just like to drive & don't care much for tech wizardry (paddle shifters, GPS, climate control....), the accent is for you

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sorry, it's more of close to 700 km a week. My mistake

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    *aargh- sir meron kami honda city 1.5 2012 namin nakuha and last year kuha kami ng accent na crdi a/t hatch nga lang samin, efficiency sa accent is superb and given the price of diesel these days mas makakatipid ka sa accent, space sa accent is decent enough atleast for me not that small di naman class leading, though i've heard that the jazz takes away the lead when it comes to space and flexible din daw ang jazz in accomodating all sorts of baggage. comfort cant really compare since d pa ako nakakasakay ng jazz pero ang accent mejo maingay yung sa under nya when driving on poor roads, not that annoying pero mas tahimik yung city namin sa loob, though im thinking baka nasa tires lang ng accent since its lower dahil 16's siya compared sa city namin na naka 15's. driving fun for me accent, given that loads of torque available at 1,750-2,700rpm and siyempre its fun since you're using less fuel . right now with our honda city fc would be 7-8liters pag city driving 10-12 sa highway maybe even better kaso mabigat mga paa ko sa silinyador . sa accent namin city driving 12/liter highway it can do 20/liter easily while maintaining 100kph at 2k rpm and mas mura diesel sa gas per liter . . anyway sir test drive mo rin muna both cars, base lang po to sakin and siyempre iba iba namn gusto natin so d ko masasabi you'd be happy with the accent the way im happy with it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i just tried out an accent in the mall.
    i noticed that the rear seat is cut lower, so's that the taller passenger's head won't hit the ceiling.. it also made that seat less comfortable for me..
    but the front seats are good enough..parang isa lang yata ang nag-disenyo ng grand i10 and the accent.. the driver fits in like a glove in both cars..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 18th, 2014 at 12:25 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i just tried out an accent in the mall.
    i noticed that the rear seat is cut lower, so's that the taller passenger's head won't hit the ceiling.. it also made that seat less comfortable for me..
    but the front seats are good enough..parang isa lang yata ang nag-disenyo ng grand i10 and the accent.. the driver fits in like a glove in both cars..
    Although I will be driving, how less comfortable ung rear seats? Dahil mababa sya? Di ko napansin to when I checked the car out. Better look at it again.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spitshine View Post
    *aargh- sir meron kami honda city 1.5 2012 namin nakuha and last year kuha kami ng accent na crdi a/t hatch nga lang samin, efficiency sa accent is superb and given the price of diesel these days mas makakatipid ka sa accent, space sa accent is decent enough atleast for me not that small di naman class leading, though i've heard that the jazz takes away the lead when it comes to space and flexible din daw ang jazz in accomodating all sorts of baggage. comfort cant really compare since d pa ako nakakasakay ng jazz pero ang accent mejo maingay yung sa under nya when driving on poor roads, not that annoying pero mas tahimik yung city namin sa loob, though im thinking baka nasa tires lang ng accent since its lower dahil 16's siya compared sa city namin na naka 15's. driving fun for me accent, given that loads of torque available at 1,750-2,700rpm and siyempre its fun since you're using less fuel . right now with our honda city fc would be 7-8liters pag city driving 10-12 sa highway maybe even better kaso mabigat mga paa ko sa silinyador . sa accent namin city driving 12/liter highway it can do 20/liter easily while maintaining 100kph at 2k rpm and mas mura diesel sa gas per liter . . anyway sir test drive mo rin muna both cars, base lang po to sakin and siyempre iba iba namn gusto natin so d ko masasabi you'd be happy with the accent the way im happy with it.
    Di ba sya matagtag? I read somewhere na hindi pareho tuning ung suspension nya sa harap n likod. Medyo malambot daw ung rear suspension?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I think that issue was with the first release in May 2013. since then, those issues have been addressed (including clutch issue). The suspension is not sports tuned. The fiesta's is betterr

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I think that issue was with the first release in May 2013. since then, those issues have been addressed (including clutch issue). The suspension is not sports tuned. The fiesta's is betterr
    Yup.

The Accent diesel sedan now has a stiffer suspension compared to early release Accents, better able to handle loads and more stable in cornering.

The Jazz has a nicer looking interior, and much more space. Suspension is middle-of-the-road... not too hard, not too soft. Good handling, but it won't excite you like a Fiesta, either.

But the Accent has that awesome diesel. Up to 30 km/l at 80, and over 20 at 100. Great for long road trips.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai Accent hatch 1.6L crdi m/t vs. Honda Jazz  1.5L m/t