New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hi all,

If given the choice to buy, which one will you choose and why?

Hyundai Accent (2011) or Ford Fiesta?

- Both 1.6 Liters,
    - Accent has 4 speed AT while Fiesta is 6 speed AT
    - Accent is 4 door sedan while Fiesta can be both a sedan and a hatch (lets compare it to a hatch)
    - Accent is P808K while Fiesta is P816K
    - Both are new to the market, although Fiesta are now off on the road, Accent will be released next month.

Looks are subjective, but both really looks good.

To make it even harder, let's also include the Chevy Cruze. Yeah, I know, the Cruze is a tad more expensive, bigger engine, bigger car, but let's include the LS AT Cruze into the picture.

Please don't include Honda City and Toyota Vios into the picture.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    We need to test drive the Accent first to see if its at par with the handling of the Fiesta because that's the only thing we don't know so far. So for now I reserve comment. Pero from what I see the Accent is a tad better equipped. Its has leather seats and auto climate control while the Fiesta has a better head unit and hands free and voice functions. I really appreciate the hands free function though as now I don't have to tell people to call me later cause I am driving!

Cruze, sorry I don't like Government Motors...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yung next batch ng Accent wala nang leather seats. Pero magkakaroon daw ng 16" rims, bluetooth connectivity, iPod cable (can support iPhone 4G)

Naka-sakay na ako sa Accent.. pababa lang ng stage Ibang klase yung engine, ang tahimik talaga sa loob! Maganda din ang sound quality ng stock sound system.

My vote goes to Accent, lalo na kung CRDi pa

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Test drive is really the way to go.
    But with your choices above, i'd choose between the Fiesta and the Cruze since they're so "gadget" oriented. I can sit in the Cruze or Fiesta for hours just fiddling around with the settings. The Fiesta is a bit small, the trunk space isn't big nor too small..just right i think for a hatch. The back seats are a lil cramped, even more cramped w/ 3 sitting next to eachother. Steering was very easy, and the transmission very smooth. and a very quiet car.

the cruze is bigger of course. has lots of gadgets inside as well. the big engine compensate for the big body. it has 6 speed automatic, and has the "sports mode" where you can manually move up or down in gears. Big trunk, big back, and very elegant.

i haven't tried the accent, but i really suggest going out for a test drive to see how they feel with you. Goodluck with the car hunt

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    +1 for the test drive of accent.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... the Cruze at 808,888 ( ) is the bare model... so you can't go for the gadgets argument...

The Cruze is a much bigger car than either of the two... in base model, it drives very well and is faster than the 1.6 ATs... though something about the gearing and power delivery of even the MT makes it feel sluggish compared to the Honda Civic 1.8.

But the base model's interior... even though the plastics are decent... feels kind of basic.

The Fiesta has lots of toys, gadgets and technology... but the interior materials are a weak point. If Hyundai offers leather, that's already a plus point versus the Fiesta.

The Accent may be the one compact that can take the wind out of the Fiesta's sails... errh... sales. But it remains to be seen. One thing that will be a hurdle for the Accent is the 4-speed AT. There's nothing wrong with a good 4AT (remember the Mazda2?), but the market is conscious of specs even if those specs don't translate 1:1 to real-world performance. Still... in the brochure wars... 120 hp and 6DCT trump 124 hp and 4AT any time.

Dark horse: Honda City/Jazz. People often forget about them in the rush of new models, but you should never discount the power of the "H" brand and the fact that these two cars have the best engines and the roomiest interiors in this class.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Your choices:
    Hyundai Accent 1.6 AT = P808k
    Ford Fiesta 1.6 AT = P816k
    Chevy Cruze L 1.8L MT = P808k

Other options:
    Chevy Cruze LS 1.8 AT = P908k
    Mitsubishi Lancer GLS 2.0 CVT = P895k
    Toyota Altis 1.6G AT = P894k
    Mazda2 1.5 AT sedan = P785k
    Mazda2 1.5 AT hatch = P795k

For comparison only:
    Honda City 1.5 AT = P821k
    Honda Jazz 1.5 AT = P842k
    Toyota Yaris 1.5L AT = P766k
    Toyota Vios 1.5L AT = P810k
    Toyota Vios 1.5L AT (leather) = P846k

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    leather seats ba yung sa Accent? kase nung nasa Launching ako parang hindi naman e, saka ang liit ng mags 16 lang ba yun or 15?

pero in fairness masarap yung food hehehehe..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    Hyundai Accent (2011) or Ford Fiesta?

- Both 1.6 Liters,
    - Accent has 4 speed AT while Fiesta is 6 speed AT
    - Accent is 4 door sedan while Fiesta can be both a sedan and a hatch (lets compare it to a hatch)
    - Accent is P808K while Fiesta is P816K

The 6-speed AT of the Fiesta is surprisingly underwhelming when pushed hard. Using the same dual-clutch transmission as the Ford Fiesta TDCi, most people are expecting the same level of performance especially the Fiesta's 1.6l engine is rated at 121hp.

Unfortunately the Fiesta's dual clutch A/T lacks any manual override option found in the Focus. So you are stuck with "D" and "L". The result is a very sluggish performance. Honestly, the Mazda2 1.5L AT with it's traditional 4-speed automatic feels and performs better.

Now, the Hyundai Accent 1.6L is an unknown since I haven't given it a test drive yet. But given the specifications "on-paper", I would expect it to be similar to the Mazda2.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung accent na ba finally ang apnlaban ng hyundai sa corolla,civic,lancer and sentra?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Hyundai Accent (2011) vs. Ford Fiesta vs. Chevy Cruze