New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^re: resale values. It could be the other way around since taxi operators will also be in the market for second hand units to add to their fleets therefore this could stimulate demand and price for certain models (ie. Vios).

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, I prefer the Getz CRDi... if it's a "need for speed" you've got, the Getz is lighter, with firmer steering. More confidence inspiring at speed. The Accent is only much better than the Getz at low speeds, as the Accent's transmission (or, more likely, engine mounts, as C! Magazine suggests) reacts better to low rpm driving than the Getz's.

If it's a "sports model" CRDi you want, I'd put my money on a Rio wagon or sedan CRDi. Great little car... needs a better engine.

The taxi issue may be bad for resale... somewhat, but who cares? If it means that Hyunda/Kia engine parts become more common at the Banaue shops, all the better!
    I didn't know that a Rio (sedan/wagon) CRDi. How much do they cost? Well, when the Getz was acquired, I did not even think of the resale value as what is important to me is that I enjoy the vehicle and am happy with it. I really hope they'll bring in the Accent Hatchback (mated to the Elantra's 1.6 CRDi-VGT perhaps)...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wala pa. But I'm hoping they'll bring it in here in the future.

It should be possible since the Rio and Accent share the same chassis. But the Rio has different steering and a different suspension setting, and I like the looks better. The one really bad thing about the Rio is the lack of alternative engines. (1.4 only, no 1.3 or 1.6).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    ... What I don't like is that some taxi companies are already using the Accent in their fleets...
    Well for me that's OK as long as there are numerous buyers of the Accent to make its spare parts cheaper in the long run And to sure the "longevity" of the Accent in the Philippine market

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have been reading several US based publication (Consumer Reports, Car and Driver, Road and Track, Motor Trend) that pitted the Accent and the Rio together in various comparisons tests. In all the tests, the Rio comes out as the better handling and overall more refined than the Accent.

Locally, tsikot's in-house testers, niky and et al, seem to favor the handling of the Rio but the Accent's 1.5 CRDi VGT is the proverbial icing of the cake. Well, its a shame that Kia, upto now has yet to offer a similar 1.5 CRDi VGT engine for the Rio.

The local Kia distributor's (Columbia) legacy of bad service reputation still continue to haunt till today, making potential buyer's shy away from the brand, even if the vehicle line-up have improved tremendously and getting to battle it out with the incumbent Japanese standard.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    titingnan ko safety. i think wala na ibang model ang VTEC na 1.5. standard on any 1.5L vtec is ABS with EBD and Brake Assist. Dual Airbags. EPS pa ang steering.

12km/l vs 15km/l is not that big. if the accent does not have safety features like the city vtec has, then i'll choose safety over economy.

besides, the city and jazz is very the same. It has the G-CON body structure. so safety in mind, lamang na ang City.

as ive said, kung may ABS EBD at BA ang accent, ill go for the accent.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I've heard na mas magastos maintenance ng diesel engine kay sa gasoline dahil dami pang system involve sa process so more parts are considered. Totoo ba to?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^for one, diesel engines seem to require more motor oil than a gas engine.....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In this particular case, the Honda City's engine requires less maintenance because it's on a longer change interval, at 10,000 kms, versus the Accent, at 5,000 kms.

The problem with Kia dealerships is the lack of support from Korea. Kia is aggressively expanding into prime markets which demand a lot of units, so sometimes the local dealers get the short stick in terms of support. A local businessman closed down his dealership due to problems with unit supply (not parts... cars mismo... can't sell cars if you can't receive them)... and in talks with other Kia sales personnel, it seems that they can sell much more than they're selling at the moment, if only they had quicker response from the head office in Korea.

RE: Safety: ABS: As I always say: Tires > ABS. Neither of these cars comes on very good tires (though the City's tires are probably better), so, if safety is a concern, buy nicer tires to reduce braking distances.

But yes, the City has a much stiffer chassis than the Accent, which really does matter in a life and death situation.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    OT lang po..

*HANK...saan nyo po nabasa/narinig itong news below? confirmed na ba ito since when pa? Hoping for your reply...tnx very much..

[QUOTE=Hank;906996] Just relieved that Hatchbacks can no longer be used for cabs. QUOTE]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hyundai Accent 1.5CRDi vs Honda City 1.5VTEC