New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Any comments or suggestions between these cars?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hyundai Accent syempre. Laki ng agwat sa pricing eh. And then it has most, if not all, of the amenities found in the City. Power is also slightly better.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Yes, a difference of 100K but how about performance, quality and other features? Of course in terms of resale value, we know that it is Honda City.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LF0515 View Post
    Yes, a difference of 100K but how about performance, quality and other features? Of course in terms of resale value, we know that it is Honda City.
    The resale value is offset by the purchase price of the cars. So resale value shouldn't really be a major consideration unless the car have proven to be a lemon like some older Chevy cars.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    kung balak mo na ibenta ang saksakyan in 3 years time maybe city is a good choice dahil marami ang naniniwala na honda badge is superior (subjective). Sa bilis ng pag angat sa quality ng mga bagong labas at ilalabas pa na modelo ng Hyundai, no body knows if the resale price difference will be that big in 3 to 5 years time. I read somewhere that Hyundai budget for their R&D is one of the highest among the car makers which I believe true by just looking to their new releases.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Civic FD's clutch is crap. I'm not sure if the City share the same quality too.

The Accent bottoms out, but it can be easily remedied. The Accent is said to have knocking issues, but it all boils down on the fuel you are using. So those are no-biggies.

Personally, among the two given choices I would pick the City if the dealer is kind enough to give me commendable freebies. If not, then switch to the Accent.

Tough choice. Tough comparo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    For me, the cars are about equal. Advantage of the city is its a proven platform. Advantage ng accent, new model and cheaper. Check mo rin parts availability ng accent. My brother in law owns a Sonata. He was in an accident about 6 months ago. Up to now, the car is still waiting for parts.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    For me, the cars are about equal. Advantage of the city is its a proven platform. Advantage ng accent, new model and cheaper. Check mo rin parts availability ng accent. My brother in law owns a Sonata. He was in an accident about 6 months ago. Up to now, the car is still waiting for parts.
    Ano sira nung Sonata?

Hyundai Accent 1.4 M/T vs. Honda City 1.3A M/T