New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    yep, new car. 3 years warranty x 3 = 9 years of warranty, compared to only 3 years for the lc200. and remember the lc200 now is made in china. ok still japanese technology but then, china is china.

also, for the price of an lc200 at P4.9M, whether you buy cash or installment, the price difference between a P1.5M car is still P3.4M. if you invest that P3.4M instead then your next car is practically free. unless of course you're uber rich and don't care.
    Sir maski ba yung mga dubai /euro version na grey markets and bulletproofs na LC sa china na rin ginagawa? Or yung sa local lang yun? Or lahat in general?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Ill set this page as my homepage and hope the wife sees this.

Im currently convincing her to change cars every 5 yrs. :-)
    And if she does not agree, tell her that you'll be changing wives every 5 years instead. . . hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Add the Mitsubishi Lancer ...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Sa original question mo TS, if logic is the factor then definitely buying bnew every 5 years is more logical. But for the sake of comparison I'll go the other direction at kampihan si wifey mo with the following justifications:

1. If the land cruiser is her dream car, you can afford it, and the reasons mentioned by forumers above are irrelevant to both of you.
    2. A Land Cruiser wil give you a Land Cruiser treatment on the road wherever you go. Screaming Status Symbol!
    3. If you have a regular stream of income, definitely bibili din naman kayo siguro ng city car nyo eventually a few years from now like a subcompact sedan (jazz, yaris) or suv (ecosport).
    4. Land Cruisers are built like tanks, it can last longer than 15 years.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Sa original question mo TS, if logic is the factor then definitely buying bnew every 5 years is more logical. But for the sake of comparison I'll go the other direction at kampihan si wifey mo with the following justifications:

1. If the land cruiser is her dream car, you can afford it, and the reasons mentioned by forumers above are irrelevant to both of you.
    2. A Land Cruiser wil give you a Land Cruiser treatment on the road wherever you go. Screaming Status Symbol!
    3. If you have a regular stream of income, definitely bibili din naman kayo siguro ng city car nyo eventually a few years from now like a subcompact sedan (jazz, yaris) or suv (ecosport).
    But it won't be fun to drive a 15yo car.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post

But it won't be fun to drive a 15yo car.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Hmm. . .maybe the wifey wants to make a statement with the LC. With its built and price, it is really a standout.

And remember the golden rule. She who has the gold makes the rule. . .joke lang po. . .

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    The best reason for me. Halos free na nga yung next car mo due to investment of P3.4M.

BTW: get a Mazda CX5, youjin 3 free service ka pa. Grabe tipid! hehe
    free na talaga. don't forget may resale value pa naman yung 5 year old car mo. then the 3.4M, at a conservative 12% per year (mutual funds) 3.4 x 1.12 x 1.12 x 1.12 x 1.12 x 1.12 = 5.99M. that's a 2.59M profit. paano pa kung magaling ka sa stock market? or even just putting your money in an equity fund instead of a mutual fund, for example 125% ang sunlife equity fund the last 5 years? 3.4 at 125%/5 years = 7.65M. kahit 2 pa bilhin mo pwede.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It will still depend on how deep your pocket is.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Wala... butas yung pockets ko eh.

IMHO, for a daily driver i still prefer changing every 3 to 5 years. It's practical and makes sense due to less downtime, cheaper maintenance costs espcially if you're busy and always on the go. I'd get the 15 to 20 year keeper as an extra car.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Wala... butas yung pockets ko eh.

IMHO, for a daily driver i still prefer changing every 3 to 5 years. It's practical and makes sense due to less downtime, cheaper maintenance costs espcially if you're busy and always on the go. I'd get the 15 to 20 year keeper as an extra car.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Is leasing a feasible solution in the Philippines? Could work for TS since he's planning to change every x years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast