New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    HP is how fast you hit the wall,
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

hehehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo6k View Post
    HP is how fast you hit the wall,
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

hehehe
    I like the analogy :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Torque is more fun, especially when you're pinned back on your seat.

.....to a certain extent. Too much torque isn't good either. Back when I had my turbo Diamond Star, my roomate got sent overseas. So, he left his 5.0 Mustang LX with me while he was gone. It's so torquey compared to my car, I kept spinning the tires when I took it out for a drive.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 15th, 2017 at 03:05 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I have to watch the throttle pedal also when i take out the mustang. Cant just floor it anytime. Have to make sure the wheels have traction or i will spin into a wall or incomming traffic. The torque of these v8s is monstrous and relentless. I wonder how many people have made the mistake of flooring it from a standstill and losing control of the car. Hence im gravitating to AWD safer and friendlier for power and torque ratings such as these.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I have to watch the throttle pedal also when i take out the mustang. Cant just floor it anytime. Have to make sure the wheels have traction or i will spin into a wall or incomming traffic. The torque of these v8s is monstrous and relentless. I wonder how many people have made the mistake of flooring it from a standstill and losing control of the car. Hence im gravitating to AWD safer and friendlier for power and torque ratings such as these.

staggered wheel&tires?
    295/305s na yun mustang mo sir?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    From my own experiences, I learned to modulate the force I applied to the gas pedal the longer I drove the car. In due time, it became second nature and there were no more unintentional wheel spins. But, I probably wore down the rear tires during the 4 months I had my roomate's car.

Honestly, I think it takes a lot of practice to drive a V8 confidently in regular streets which is why I always hesitated whenever I thought of buying one. I never owned another V8 aside from my very first car. I found the V6 to be the best compromise. Hence, the majority of the vehicles I owned having one. Not as torquey. But, almost as fun.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    staggered wheel&tires?
    295/305s na yun mustang mo sir?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Still stock 255 width. I need to go to 305 in the rear but ang mahal talaga.

Maybe when my facelifted version arrives will change to staggered wheels.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    hi everybody!

what's needed to consider between hp & torque when it comes to hilly highway? coz i'm planning to purchase a sedan with the following specs and i would like to know if this can easily conquer those rolling hill highway even if it is loaded with 5 passengers.

1.8L Petrol, 4 cylinder, in-line, 16 valve Double Over-Head Cam (DOHC) with Dual Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i).

Maximum power – 103kW at 6400rpm
    Maximum torque – 173Nm at 4000rpm
    Drive type *– Front wheel drive.
    Fuel tank capacity - 55L. 91 octane recommended.

thanks in advance!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mmv12 View Post
    hi everybody!

what's needed to consider between hp & torque when it comes to hilly highway? coz i'm planning to purchase a sedan with the following specs and i would like to know if this can easily conquer those rolling hill highway even if it is loaded with 5 passengers.

1.8L Petrol, 4 cylinder, in-line, 16 valve Double Over-Head Cam (DOHC) with Dual Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i).

Maximum power – 103kW at 6400rpm
    Maximum torque – 173Nm at 4000rpm
    Drive type *– Front wheel drive.
    Fuel tank capacity - 55L. 91 octane recommended.

thanks in advance!
    You'll be fine with amount of output from a 4-banger engine. Some sedans can do well even with less output.

Those output figures are much like the Civic FD/FB/FC with the 1.8L engine which is decent for a compact sedan. Since it is a VVTi engine, I am assuming it may be a previous generation Altis with the 1.8L engine.
    Last edited by Egan101; October 16th, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast