New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I'm deciding just between these 2 vehicles, will be more of a secondary car. So space is not really a consideration. Just wanted to get your opinion on these 2 on those that have owned or have experienced driving them.

City looks nice but then it's more common on the roads as compared to the Juke. The City to me seems to have better interior space especially on the back, I guess because of the sloping roofline of the Juke, my head seems to touch the ceiling (I'm 6ft). But upfront, I was comfortable in either of them.

I was told by SA that Juke is still Euro 2 and will have the newer models with Euro 4 by next year (maybe January?) whereas City is already Euro 4.

One gripe I have on the Juke is the center armrest, it's an option.

Juke though seems more fun and interesting to drive, has that nice back compartment where you have a lower area where you can store more stuff and hidden from the public eye (if you don't have tonneau cover (option) or tint of course).

Thanks again for your opinions.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    i was in the same predicament a few weeks ago. i'm 1" shorter than you btw. i ended up getting an ecosport which has better headroom than juke btw

i already have an older City so i decided against buying another one since i would be keeping both cars and i'm kinda tired of scraping the bottom of the city

the Juke is interesting and has lots of "character". i actually like the funky looks. but in the end the Ecosport is practically the same car sans the "made in japan" but a lot cheaper

another car that might interest you is the upcoming Xpander

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    i was in the same predicament a few weeks ago. i'm 1" shorter than you btw. i ended up getting an ecosport which has better headroom than juke btw

i already have an older City so i decided against buying another one since i would be keeping both cars and i'm kinda tired of scraping the bottom of the city

the Juke is interesting and has lots of "character". i actually like the funky looks. but in the end the Ecosport is practically the same car sans the "made in japan" but a lot cheaper

another car that might interest you is the upcoming Xpander
    Just came back from test driving both cars back to back with my wife. Juke is out immediately, she complained of the cramped rear interior space. She's 5'7". I kinda like the Juke since it's different. Test drove the City on highway and on a nearby area with humps. It seemed to take the humps pretty well, tried it slow and a little fast on a couple of approaches. Didn't scrape the bottom. The rear interior is much bigger. She liked it back there.

By January, the Juke will have the Euro 4 spec engine with a new price point of about 1.2M (I believe with excise tax already). I think new colors will be added as well.

The City on the other hand will increase by 7k (920k) for November for the VX variant but this is not yet with the excise tax.