New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Heretic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by M
    contemplating on getting the CRDi matrix na nga din eh ... makatipid lang sa gas :p
    You get better suspension, power, durability and space with the Matrix CRDi, not just her fuel efficiency. She's not just a "cheaper alternative" but a better one imo if your budget is within 700k.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Jazz kalampag is due to the bushings. The suspension and chassis are very stiff (read:good!), but the bushings aren't up to it. Just like in the Ford Lynx RS. It's not a fault per se, but it's very annoying if your route is pockmarked.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Question lang mga bro,

I just bought a second hand 2004 honda city IDSI M/T. Ang fuel consumption niya ay nasa 9-9.5km lang per liter lang sa city driving. Di naman ako mahataw at halos ayaw ko na nga apakan ang gas. Casa maintained din ito.

Ano kaya ang problema o ang dapat gawin ko para tumaas ang fuel efficiency? Nakaka disappoint lang kasi dahil expected ko around 12-14km/liter ang consumption niya kaya city ang binili ko.

Salamat.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What is your route? Is this your first vehicle, or have you had a previous vehicle that got better efficiency on the same route?

May iba't ibang factors na kailangan isipin tungkol sa fuel efficiency.

1. Route: Kung 1-3 kms lang ang trip mo, the car won't have time to warm up... result: higher consumption

2. Traffic: Your fuel economy can vary by as much as 2-4 km/l depending on the amount of traffic you see every day.

3. Driving style: What rpm do you shift at? Do you wait till last minute to brake? A smooth driving style, with anticipatory slowing down before braking and modest acceleration has a big effect on consumption.

4. Car condition: Given that the vehicle sees regular oil changes, also check the spark plugs, tires, brakes and wheel bearings.

5. Check how you measure consumption. The most accurate way is to measure from full to empty on consecutive full tanks. Also make sure your odometer is not over or under reading.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    don't worry...my 1.3 cvt city gets 9 to 10max.

6000rpm shifting on first gear. then just cruise.

jack rabbit start all the time. hehehe

pero mcarthur highway lang route ko. :D

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chase View Post
    don't worry...my 1.3 cvt city gets 9 to 10max.

6000rpm shifting on first gear. then just cruise.

jack rabbit start all the time. hehehe

pero mcarthur highway lang route ko. :D

bro, ok lang ba sayo na 9-10kms per liter lang ang consumo ng car mo?

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    my City'05 (1.5CVT) gives minimum 15km/li. That data is for over 2-year period. It had been a habit to compute for my consumption everytime i fill up (always full tank whenever warning indicator lits up, whenever possible, same station same gas pump). The figure is for combined city and highway though di masyado traffic sa alabang area.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Jazz 1.3 manual 28 kms/liter
    Jazz 1.3 CVT 33 kms/liter

One of those Petron runs which we joined from Fort McDo Taguig to Petron Lipa Batangas.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    2004 city automatic 1.3 cvt

3 year period, mixed city and hiway driving = 13km/li

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    My 1.5L Vtec City 06 gets a max of 13km/L city driving. Havent computed for the highway though

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Honda's City and Jazz: Fuel Consumption