• S2000

40 66.67%
  • RX8

20 33.33%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Well, after a 2nd review, I still like the S2000 too. It just looks classier even if it's dated.

The RX8 looks ok. But, the suicide doors just look weird and out of place. I wonder how it got the term anyway.....

And there's something not quite right about its behind..... I'll just put it in my wife's own words after we saw one in front of us during rush hour some time ago.

Me: Oh, lookee. It's an RX8. Nice car. It's a Mazda, zoom zoom.
    Wife: How come the butt's so big? It's like Big Momma. Ah, the words of the innocent.
    The RX8's package is more practical being a 4-seater coupe with rear suicide doors, but the main problem is probably its thirsty little rotary engine which I hear is expensive to maintain.

What to get? the standard S2000 without the fast and the furious wings of the CR model!

I'd take this if it was in the list.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The RX8's package is more practical being a 4-seater coupe with rear suicide doors, but the main problem is probably its thirsty little rotary engine which I hear is expensive to maintain.

What to get? the standard S2000 without the fast and the furious wings of the CR model!

I'd take this if it was in the list.
    I'm one of those who thinks cars like these need not be practical. So, 2 doors and even 2 seats are fine. I rarely let anyone ride with me in my DSM when I still had it. Well, except the wife who hated it.

These are driver's cars, not people movers. Imagine if the Miata gained back seats. Would it still appeal to people or at least to its core customers? I may be wrong on this. But, I think the Miata would lose its fan base if it gained a back seat and/or 2 extra doors.

Add: I also noticed our neighbor (and previous owner of our house) with the red S2000 is always the only one driving it. His wife and eldest daughter drive a red 2003 Eclipse GT Spyder.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 2nd, 2008 at 10:10 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    mukhang kakaunti ang me idea tungkol sa rotary ang pinas ah. well, depende siguro kung nasaan ka. dito kasi sa lugar ko sawa na ang mga tao sa honda parang sinusuka na. nagkakaroon tuloy ng stereotyping na pag nakahonda ka automatic "ricer" na ang tawag sau. dont get me wrong i used to own 2004 civic ex at 2006 civic si pero panay honda na kasi kotse ng mga pinoy dito eh. i have rx8 r3 2009 mileage nya 18-22 mpg tapos dapat premium fuel ang ilalagay mo which i dont really care. 0-60 and 1/4 mile stock vs stock under same driver and condition technically mas mabilis ang s2000 by tenths of a second pero in real life magkakatalo lang sa driver. i made intensive researched what to choose between rx8, 370z, evo, at s2000, and i have had driven all of them. i chose rx8 with r3 package because the handling was the best on its class, own preference ko lang to pero mas nagustuhan ko pa talaga ang handling ng rx8 kesa sa evo. they fixed the flooding issue on all 2009 rx8 models. inalis nila ung nipple that cause the flooding. bose audio system, built in bluetooth, bilstein, 9.5k redline, linear acceleration, at higit sa lahat best bang for the buck.

used to own:
    2001 Toyota Corolla CE MT
    2004 honda civic-ex MT
    2006 honda civic-si MT

i have:
    2009 Murano-SL AT
    2009 Rx8 R3 MT

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ where did u get ur rx-8 from?

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    RX8 ako para maiba naman

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by manananggol View Post
    mukhang kakaunti ang me idea tungkol sa rotary ang pinas ah. well, depende siguro kung nasaan ka. dito kasi sa lugar ko sawa na ang mga tao sa honda parang sinusuka na. nagkakaroon tuloy ng stereotyping na pag nakahonda ka automatic "ricer" na ang tawag sau. dont get me wrong i used to own 2004 civic ex at 2006 civic si pero panay honda na kasi kotse ng mga pinoy dito eh. i have rx8 r3 2009 mileage nya 18-22 mpg tapos dapat premium fuel ang ilalagay mo which i dont really care. 0-60 and 1/4 mile stock vs stock under same driver and condition technically mas mabilis ang s2000 by tenths of a second pero in real life magkakatalo lang sa driver. i made intensive researched what to choose between rx8, 370z, evo, at s2000, and i have had driven all of them. i chose rx8 with r3 package because the handling was the best on its class, own preference ko lang to pero mas nagustuhan ko pa talaga ang handling ng rx8 kesa sa evo. they fixed the flooding issue on all 2009 rx8 models. inalis nila ung nipple that cause the flooding. bose audio system, built in bluetooth, bilstein, 9.5k redline, linear acceleration, at higit sa lahat best bang for the buck.

used to own:
    2001 Toyota Corolla CE MT
    2004 honda civic-ex MT
    2006 honda civic-si MT

i have:
    2009 Murano-SL AT
    2009 Rx8 R3 MT
    iyan sigurong flooding issue madalas kong mabasa sa comment nila sa RX8 sa U.S. at iyong mga Honda ay mura talaga ang presyo ng used car at maraming aftermarket parts kaya kahit student kaya ma afford presyo para sa daily driving nila pamasok sa school.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzipino View Post
    ^ where did u get ur rx-8 from?

Subic ? :um:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Subic ? :um:
    By reading his post and looking at the other cars he's owned, the poster lives in the US.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Honda S2000 or Mazda RX8