• RX8

20 33.33%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    id go for the s2000...reliability & power combined

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any pogi points you gain from driving an S2000 will instantly be negated if you are heard playing Fergie's music or seen attending her concerts :evillaugh

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    any pogi points you gain from driving an S2000 will instantly be negated if you are heard playing Fergie's music or seen attending her concerts :evillaugh
    Huh? Don't you want her lumps? Her love lady lumps, check em out?

I would.

if you need a an extra seat for the "sabit"--rx8 ka...pero if ako..

i still prefer s2000... the long bonnet..RWD open top...ewan ko kung pwede yung ginawa sa last episode ng initial D: proj.D.. (god hand and god foot)

anywayz, kahit di ko napanood yung episode na yun, i still like the s2000,e.. diba mahigit 2M ung used na ganun?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    if you need a an extra seat for the "sabit"--rx8 ka...pero if ako..

i still prefer s2000... the long bonnet..RWD open top...ewan ko kung pwede yung ginawa sa last episode ng initial D: proj.D.. (god hand and god foot)

anywayz, kahit di ko napanood yung episode na yun, i still like the s2000,e.. diba mahigit 2M ung used na ganun?
    I've seen the build quality of my neighbor's (same one who owns a 90's NSX and Supra turbo) S2000. Years from now, it'll still be a solidly built car with little squeaks or rattles just like his other two collector cars. He doesn't consider the RX8 (or the RX7 for that matter) in the same league, though. He seems pretty savvy as a collector. He's said nope to Subbies, Evos, and even Skylines. But, he did have a big thumbs up for a Lexus SC400, and of course his S2000.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    2008 S2000 CR

S2000 CR Race Track Ready
    Introducing the next roadster to epitomize the pure thoroughbred racer lineage of Honda motorsports: The 2008 S2000 CR “Club Racer”.

Intention The S2000 CR was designed to drive to the track, and around it. The CR is a competitor, and its driver should possess the desire to maximize its potential for improved track times at club racing events.

Quicker The factory-tuned CR is an extreme performer. Its aerodynamic design and stiffer suspension settings provide increased rigidity and increased downforce. It’s a purist’s sports machine that builds on the race-inspired attributes of the original S2000—then cranks out even more of everything sports car drivers crave.

Lighter The CR takes “track-inspired” to an entirely new level. With racecar-like suspension and lower weight, its cornering, braking and acceleration make it one of the best rides around. To accomplish this, the audio system and air conditioning are now offered as options and the spare tire has been replaced with a tire repair kit. This, along with other modifications, lightens the racy roadster by nearly 100 pounds from the original S2000. Add in a taut new chassis, quicker steering ratio, “stickier” tires, and track-inspired has never felt so meaningful.

EXCLUSIVE STANDARD FEATURES:
    • Firmer springs, dampers and suspension bushings
    • Stiffer front and rear stabilization bars
    • Quicker steering ratio
    • Larger rear P255/40 R17 tires
    • Bridgestone® Potenza RE070 tires
    • All-new 17" dark gray 5-spoke alloy wheels
    • Fully functional aerodynamic front and rear spoilers
    • Yellow and black fabric
    • Yellow-stitched seats, shift boot and steering wheel
    • Spherical aluminum shift knob
    • Removable aluminum hardtop
    • Body-colored roll bar cowlings
    • Sport-tuned exhaust silenc

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    S2000 for me. It just looks more exotic than RX-8. Might not be true outside the Philippines, but its so rare that I see a convertible here so maybe that bias I have....

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Both are personal dream cars of mine. Both also have their flaws.

One flaw they share: they're both totally gutless at low RPMs, so unless you put in a turbo or supercharger later on, you should not buy either of these cars if you want instant overtaking oomph.

Honda S2000:
    + nine years old and it still looks great
    + slightly better torque
    + soft top for your wind-in-the-hair moments
    + thrash it again and again and it will remain reliable
    - interior looks dated
    - snappy oversteer...trackday virgins, be warned!
    - next to an FD2 Civic Type R, it's no longer that fast

Mazda RX-8
    + genuinely seats four people
    + benign, usable handling
    + Maserati-inspired looks (at least for the pre-facelift car)
    + one genuinely interesting car
    - twin-rotor Wankel rotary engine guzzles fuel and oil
    - relatively hard to find aftermarket parts
    - new facelifted RX-8 looks a little ridiculous

My vote goes to the S2000, especially in "Type S" form. FYI: The Type S spec brings suspension mods that make it much easier to drive and much more progressive at the limit, reducing the snap oversteer previous S2000s are notorious for.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well, after a 2nd review, I still like the S2000 too. It just looks classier even if it's dated.

The RX8 looks ok. But, the suicide doors just look weird and out of place. I wonder how it got the term anyway.....

And there's something not quite right about its behind..... I'll just put it in my wife's own words after we saw one in front of us during rush hour some time ago.

Me: Oh, lookee. It's an RX8. Nice car. It's a Mazda, zoom zoom.
    Wife: How come the butt's so big? It's like Big Momma. Ah, the words of the innocent.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    rx-8 for me, this is one of my favorite cars

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda S2000 or Mazda RX8