New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Besides, the CB is more of the Cherry QQ league than the Jazz. Are you saying that the Jazz is just a Channa Benni without the extra P200,000?
    I would disagree. Both the CB and Jazz are in the same category, with the same engine displacement. Yes, they are comparable, hence this comparison thread. It's more similar to the QQ only from a pricing perspective.

As for the Jazz, safety features will bear more weight, if the locally released units are not stripped off these features. Crumple zones and seatbelts will surely be included, but all others may be stripped off to lower the price. Air bags, ABS, etc. are normally not present in entry level variants.

Chana has been in the business for half a century now, and is the manufacturer of Ford and Suzuki in China. I'm sure Ford and Suzuki has safety standards to comply to as well.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    I'm just playing devil's advocate here...
    So you're leaning towards the Jazz but are still considering the CB? Well if you post the two in a comparison, and you clearly know what's better (obviously by saying you're playing the devil's advocate you're going for what is assumed to be the underdog, the CB), then you'll probably get more results towards the Jazz and the CB.

I don't think this thread is about comparing the two literally, but seeing if people will go for the underdog, like you mentioned previously.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well sa sports we like underdogs; pero sa cars and gadgets no thanks, I want the premium

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well sa sports we like underdogs; pero sa cars and gadgets no thanks, I want the premium
    Because the only thing you'll lose in sports is a bet you made with friends

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    So you're leaning towards the Jazz but are still considering the CB? Well if you post the two in a comparison, and you clearly know what's better (obviously by saying you're playing the devil's advocate you're going for what is assumed to be the underdog, the CB), then you'll probably get more results towards the Jazz and the CB.

I don't think this thread is about comparing the two literally, but seeing if people will go for the underdog, like you mentioned previously.
    All true. There is still a greater chance that in the end, I'll make the safe decision and go Honda. There is peace of mind, and the wife factor as well. Factors which may change the decision would be:

• How much feature they'll strip off (or include) in the up-and-coming Honda Jazz (or City)
    • See if Benni sales figures improve, which may trigger wider availability of parts (I wouldn't mind a taxi fleet of Benni's).

I think 2009 Q1 will be the purchase time, so there's time to window shop. I wanted to start this thread because there may be factors/features I'm overlooking, and may play a critical part in the decision.

Benni's warranty is 3-year/100k kms? What is Honda's standard warranty?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Same 3 years 100,000 km warranty.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I got just one question: How is the Benni to drive?

If it's anywhere near as fun to drive as the Jazz, it might be worth a look

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Apples to sayote comparison muna tayo ha. I don't mean to start a heated arguement, lalo sa mga fanbois.

The 1.3 A/T Chana Benni has all the bells and whistles (projector headlights, electronic power steering, dual airbags, ABS w/ EBD, etc), yet is priced at sub 500k (495k yata).

With the new Jazz coming out next month, surely the 1.3 A/T variant comparable to the Benni's specs will be about 200k more expensive. 200k! :shocked2:

Assuming the following:
    - used for daily drive, about 1000kms/month, purely city driving.
    - will sell car after 5 years (after 60-month car plan completes).

Ako, siguro Benni na ako. Then spend 40k for ICE, 10k for Vkool tints, 5k for HID, 5k for leather seat covers, and maybe even 40k for LPG conversion (SGI). And about 100k still left! Sagot na ang 5 years compre!

Kayo? What will you buy, and why?
    This is if your company will be allowing you to take the CB.
    I had the same dilemna six years ago. A 2nd hand Kia Sportage and my Lancer. Considering the built of the old sportage, my company did not allow me to spend the loan for that one, so i settled for a brand new lancer.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Whaatta!!!

I got just one question: How is the Benni to drive?

If it's anywhere near as fun to drive as the Jazz, it might be worth a look
    +1 But I have a horror CB experience

CB - Italian design? or German?

iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Reasons to buy Benni over Jazz:
    1. financial constraints
    2. money
    3. financial constraints and money

Ibig sabihin if money is not a problem then better go with jazz dahil subok na. Benni is very promising but we would have to wait 3 - 5 years of pinoy driving (alam nyo na kung bakit ) to really see its reliability and security.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast