New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    i agree, esp the prev gen. this one takes some getting used to.
    The Jazz or The fiesta sir?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Thanks for the input sirs! I will choose Jazz and now im torn if i will get the MT variant or the VX. Any thoughts? thanks

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dovahkiin View Post
    Thanks for the input sirs! I will choose Jazz and now im torn if i will get the MT variant or the VX. Any thoughts? thanks
    my suggestion, is to get the most expensive you are willing to buy.
    that way, you will not suffer from the what-ifs afterward.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dovahkiin View Post
    The Jazz or The fiesta sir?
    We were referring to the latest gen of Jazz. But, for me: Jazz > Fiesta anyday. I think Jazz losses to the fiesta in terms of handling, but the space/flexibility/utility, built, resale value, after-sales service, and overall performance of the jazz makes it a worthwhile trade-off, in my humble opinion. And again, ganda pormahan!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    We were referring to the latest gen of Jazz. But, for me: Jazz > Fiesta anyday. I think Jazz losses to the fiesta in terms of handling, but the space/flexibility/utility, built, resale value, after-sales service, and overall performance of the jazz makes it a worthwhile trade-off, in my humble opinion. And again, ganda pormahan!
    I would have to agree with this. The Jazz is a better choice for a daily utility car due to its versatility.

However, if you are leaning more towards a better drive, it's going to be the Fiesta. The steering feedback is much better unlike the numb steering feel offered by Honda's small cars (City, Jazz, etc.). The suspension is firmer but offers better grip.

I drive a Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost and the performance is way above the competition. The drive and response is not something you find in other subcompacts. I have yet to test drive the Mazda2 in terms of driving feel and response but the torque offered by the potent 1.0L Ecoboost turbo engine is just something.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I was in this same dilemma 7 years ago. i was choosing between the Jazz GE (2nd Gen) and the Fiesta.
    My PO was already set by the bank for the Fiesta but when I sat inside the Jazz, that was it for me. I test drove both cars, the fiesta was nimble, i test drove the 1.6L sport edition, it lacked the space i wanted, felt a little claustrophobic because of the the low headroom, head unit was pretty nice, even had that voice command which i found very difficult to use. plastics inside was solid. that i have to give to ford. quality felt premium.

the jazz felt more "right" for me, the seats, the steering wheel, the SPACE was incredible, for a sub compact, believe me nothing beats the space inside it. those magic seats will really come in handly at some point. cost of maintenance is really cheap, super easy to maintain, during the 6 years i used it i NEVER had any major issues, or any major maintenance, i think the most expensive part I ever replaced during my ownership of the the Jazz was the fuel filter, which didnt even needed replacement, i was just OC kaya ko pinalitan. same with the iridium spark plugs, i replaced them due to OCness. hahaha!

my beef against the jazz are the following:
    1. lacks low end torque - i feel kulang sya sa area na to, mine had the traditional 5 speed auto tranny, i hope the new one, CVT is much better.
    2. although my regular drives i usually can get 10 km/l, long drives around 14km/l i feel like it should be able to do better, compared to the accent diesel, kia soul diesel, the jazz should be able to do better, The 1.0 ecoboost by the Fiesta might trump over the jazz in this department. my suggestion is, get the real life figures from actual users of the eco boost. dont ever believe the sales agents. no offense against them.

other than these two, i love the jazz. for me its a perfect all rounder car for my lifestyle.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bayen View Post

my beef against the jazz are the following:
    1. lacks low end torque - i feel kulang sya sa area na to, mine had the traditional 5 speed auto tranny, i hope the new one, CVT is much better.
    2. although my regular drives i usually can get 10 km/l, long drives around 14km/l i feel like it should be able to do better, compared to the accent diesel, kia soul diesel, the jazz should be able to do better, The 1.0 ecoboost by the Fiesta might trump over the jazz in this department. my suggestion is, get the real life figures from actual users of the eco boost. dont ever believe the sales agents. no offense against them.

other than these two, i love the jazz. for me its a perfect all rounder car for my lifestyle.
    Point 1 - Honda's L-series engines lack low end torque. You really have to push the gas pedal past 2500 rpm to get the car to move in a faster pace. Maybe Honda has improved the response with their CVT tranny but the older 5-speed AT is not for someone who wants to get the car on a sprint.

Point 2 - We have a 2009 Jazz 1.3L AT and 2009 City 1.5L (sold it already). The City with the bigger engine is more fuel efficient averaging 9-10 km/L on city driving (Sucat-Makati) and 15 km/L on the highway. The Jazz 1.3L is thirstier only averaging 8-9 km/L on the city and 13-14 km/L on the highway. The Jazz 1.3L engine feels burdened at speeds over 120kmh. The Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost is a bit thristy only doing around 8 km/L on the same city routes. Maybe it will be a lot more fuel efficient if you are able to drive it at rpms lower than 1500rpm (or before the turbo starts to spool). If you drive like a granny on the highway doing only 80kmh, you will get around 20 km/L with the Fiesta Ecoboost. If you average between 100-120kmh, you can do 15 km/L on the highway.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost is a bit thristy only doing around 8 km/L on the same city routes.
    oh my, disappointing figures here for the 1.0 ecoboost. I would think it can do better.
    thanks for sharing this one egan.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm sure the Ecoboost could do better if Egan could just resist flooring the pedal all the time hehehe. ✌

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'm sure the Ecoboost could do better if Egan could just resist flooring the pedal all the time hehehe. ✌

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I tried that before, being not too aggressive with acceleration coupled light application of throttle input and slow braking. I was able to achieve 10 km/L. It felt boring and no fun at all.

The Fiesta Ecoboost is not meant to be driven like a granny. It loves to run and take on the twisties. Like a daily go-kart. I could only imagine how much more fun the Fiesta ST 1.6L Ecoboost (200hp) can offer. hehehe

Seriously though , it's hard trying to keep the car at an rpm just before the turbo spools. The 3-cylinder turbo motor has an idle rpm of around 950-1000 rpm. Trying to keep it between 1000 and 1500 rpm is a bit of a challenge when the throttle is responsive coupled with the modulation needed to regulate the clanky nature of DCT in low crawling speeds.
    Last edited by Egan101; July 21st, 2016 at 12:57 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast