New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    yep, grabe umubos ng gulong yung BMW ni Ian hehe umuulan tire dust (not brake dust! mind you ). Dapat nga me warning pag siya yung nag drift eh "Drifing is cancerous" hahaha. His BMW is definitely a tire monster. I believe its engine is an LS1. But his car is more of an exception most of the drift set ups I know are running only 200 ~ 300 whp pero malakas pa din kumain ng tires haha

Katakot mag drift sa kenon haha bangin na yung katapat mo tapos gayahin mo pa si Takumi yung halos tatama na yung bumper mo sa barrier hehe

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    yep, grabe umubos ng gulong yung BMW ni Ian hehe umuulan tire dust (not brake dust! mind you ). Dapat nga me warning pag siya yung nag drift eh "Drifing is cancerous" hahaha. His BMW is definitely a tire monster. I believe its engine is an LS1. But his car is more of an exception most of the drift set ups I know are running only 200 ~ 300 whp pero malakas pa din kumain ng tires haha

Katakot mag drift sa kenon haha bangin na yung katapat mo tapos gayahin mo pa si Takumi yung halos tatama na yung bumper mo sa barrier hehe
    Nyahaha~:devil: Ayun nga eh, drifting Takumi style! Yung mahirap talaga sa drifting yung tires. Isang araw lang ilang set na yung kinalbo mo. "Another set?! You know tires ain't cheap?!" You'd be hearing that all the time.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Sa racing, tuning, trackday, horsepower, speed everything. The integra is way better than the GC. Panalo sa akin ang DC5.

Anong klaseng sports car ang walang pedigree sa motorsports? Ang good points lang ay may nagpapapicture na kids and girls tapos hindi pa makaayat sa rampa ng mga malls!

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daumingshirts View Post
    Sa racing, tuning, trackday, horsepower, speed everything is way better than the GC. Panalo sa akin ang DC5.

Anong klaseng sports car ang walang pedigree sa motorsports? Ang good points lang ay may nagpapapicture na kids and girls tapos hindi pa makaayat sa rampa ng mga malls!
    Damn, meron nang nagpapicture na girls sa GC mo? akin puro lalake eh, nagtataka nga ako bakit chick magnet ang tawag sa GC eh. Lagi hotdog party! .

Anyway TS, if your'e choosing between the two I suggest to include the FT 86/BRZ to make things more interesting hehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Chick magnet... hindi totoo yun, edi sana pagbalik mo sa parking lot napaligiran na ng chicks auto natin.

Yun nag papicture na girl... gas girl yun sa shell.

Madalas din nga lalaki, ang pinaka nakakakinis is yun pag baba ko: may nasabi nice car, great car tapos ka holding hand nya yun gf nya na nakipag eye contact sa akin... eh magisa lang ako nun. Nag aasara ata yun na parang may sports car wala ka naman chicks ang read between the line comment ng lalaki sa akin.

Ang pinaka humiliating is may batang 4 or 5 yrs old gumitna sa kalye (sa village ito ha).... Tapos sumigaw ng: Bumble bee I said transform! Napagkamalan volkswagen beetle yun auto ko.

Yun sa DC5 naman, Honda unicorn yun. Haven't seen one on the road yet. The best I can compare it with is an K20 turbo swap civic FD. Iniwan ako by 3rd. wala na sya, para na ako naka brakes. Umabot pa ako ng 210 nun ha. Ganun ka lakas ang tuned K20. Wala talagang ibubuga ang GC 2.0T sa K20.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Lol at gas girl and bumble bee! naganyan din ako sa village namin! miski yung mga tambay bumble bee din tawag! hahaha grabe lakas nung K20 with turbo ah! Hamunin mo na lang sa drifting! I guess that's the plus lang ng GC, drift ready na, problem lang bitin sa power ang 2.0T at dapat malakas loob ng driver sabi nga ni GTi "Tires ain't cheap!"

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you want a real chick magnet, get a MINI. Chicks not only want to be seen in it, they want to drive it. It's cute!

Also expensive to own... it is, after all, a BMW. At least the resale value is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    I agree with what Renzo said. First plan what your HP goals are before moding, its pretty easy to mess with the driveability of a car by slapping on all the mods that you could buy. For me, I'd rather have a mildly modded car which I could control at the limit rather than a fully modded car that would be too powerful to drive. Some of my friends are actually discontent after making a mod (change engine) because the car is just too hard to drive hehe
    If you're going with the GC, this should be mission priority. Driveability. The stock Genesis Coupe suspension is really not that great. The rear end is too soft and too wayward. It needs stronger bushings and upgraded shocks, at the very least, to stabilize it enough for proper high speed driving or drifting. This is not something you'll have to deal with on the DC5.

Personally... if we're talking useful on-road drifting here... I have a soft spot for the MX-5. While yes, it would take a lot more work to make more power with it than the GC, it is a lot more intuitive to drive quickly and to drive sideways. The only thing is it lacks the power to hold lurid slides... and the extra grip from the new Bridgestones makes it a bit snap-happy.

That's part of what's so fascinating with the Toyota 86 project. They're going with mild Micheline Pilot Preceda tires, simply to make the edge of oversteer more gradual and slides more controllable. And with the smaller size versus the GenCoupe and most other sports cars out there, you're not going to spend as much in tires...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you want a real chick magnet, get a MINI. Chicks not only want to be seen in it, they want to drive it. It's cute!

Based on our yellow Mini named Teddy

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Bitin talaga sa power yan GC 2.0t. Pero malayo parin performance nya sa run of the mill commuter car. Yun DC5 type R na yan. kaya malayo din yan vs GC parang comparing an amateur (GC) vs professional (DC5) athlete. Pero kung tuning naman no bearing anything can be tuned to perform budget and creativity na nag kakatalo yan.

Yun regarding the GC suspension. I find it good, lalo na pag high speed. para nga dumadapa may confidence ka to go at a higher speed. Parang ng nag sctex ako with the GC hindi ako bumaba ng 160. Occasional sundot sa 200+. But yun nag skyway ako, bumpy yun road parang nga tumatalbog yun kotse, nawawala yun feel na dumadapa, nakakatalot pero cge push padin to 200+ hahaha!

Walang tatalo sa pagka chick magnet ng MINI. Malamang yun exhaust fumes nun may magic thing, yun catalytic converter ay na coconvert to gayuma yun exhaust. Lakas talaga ng tama sa mga girls.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    what's happening on Honda right now? Hell, mukhang napag-iiwanan sila ngayon in sportscar market segment here in our country , their competitor Toyota and Subaru will be soon to release in the PH market their products, the 86 and the BRZ while the other already released their own, Genesis Coupe from Hyundai, Eclipse and Lancer Evo X from Mitsubishi. I wish they build also a new sportscar that can compete to these automakers release. I wish there is a RWD honda sportscar with k20 under the hood or even an SiR version of Civic FD may do.

talking about this K-POP (Genesis Coupe), I like it because it is already RWD, malakas din ang appeal (aesthetically), yun nga lang I guess it's hard to make any suspension upgrade for this for example: I want to put these Skunk2 rear lower control arms, ASR rear subframe, and a Fullrace traction bar and Skunk2 front and rear camber kits. Masyadong malaki at magastos na convertion ang mangyayari, AFAIK limited selection ang mga aftermarket performance parts for GC, tama ba?

I hope Hyundai also has an engine tuner and aftermarket performance manufacturer/division (parang Ralliart ng Mitsubishi or Spoon and Mugen ng Honda), and I heard that some of the GC owners abroad adopt aftermarket performance parts from Japanese manufacturers.

Just like this one I saw from the web, A K-POP with a twist.

o nice, KDM with a JDM treatment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda Integra DC5 or 2009 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 (entry variant)