New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want something hassle-free maintenance during the warranty period, opt for a Mazda vehicle. The prices of their cars come with the Yojin3 promo (free maintenance for 3 years).
    The thing with Yokin 3 is not all dealers will really change your oil and other parts if the vehicle is low mileage ...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The thing with Yokin 3 is not all dealers will really change your oil and other parts if the vehicle is low mileage ...
    Really? Is this stipulated in the terms of the Yojin3 promo? I guess this is not good to hear for folks who use their Mazda cars on short routes.

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by may_68 View Post
    My first choice really is the HR-V...I am looking at ASX because ground clearance is higher and base model is cheaper than HR-V. However, what I am worried about Mitsubishi is its after sales service, preventive maintenance cost and resalevalue...never own a mitsubishi so I have no idea. Our family own a mobilio and I like Honda's service.
    Crossovers however high ground clearance they may have, will always have an engine closer to the ground than a ladder frame SUV. So in flood wading terms, it can't ford water as deep even if it has the same clearance.

Anyway, for the mere interior alone the HR-V wins it by a landslide. The ASX interior is just so dull and boring. They added the chrome moustache which looks ridiculous.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Really? Is this stipulated in the terms of the Yojin3 promo? I guess this is not good to hear for folks who use their Mazda cars on short routes.

If you're paying for the service and consumables, dealers will require you to follow 6 months or 5,000 kms whichever comes first ... but if it's a free services, dealers will follow the distance / mileage reading ...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    If you're paying for the service and consumables, dealers will require you to follow 6 months or 5,000 kms whichever comes first ... but if it's a free services, dealers will follow the distance / mileage reading ...
    Not true. My 3 is nowhere close to its required mileage (10k a year actual usage vs 10k/6 mos) and they still change the oil. The service bay is visible from the reception area so customers can observe the process.

Mitsubishi is third after Honda and Hyundai in terms of aftersales satisfaction so I guess they're doing something right (J.D. Power 217 Philippines Customer Service Index (CSI) Study | J.D. Power). I'm not sure which casas they surveyed though because Valle Verde is always packed and Pasong Tamo had bad reviews. We bring our Mirage to the Pasay branch across Heritage Hotel and so far they've met the standards of my very picky father-in-law.

The ASX can be had with discounts but good luck looking for a test drive unit. Honda BGC has test units readily available and the HR-V is a fun to drive car that feels light and comfy. Have you considered the Chevy Trax?
    Last edited by JohnM; August 4th, 2017 at 10:11 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Would pick the hr-v. Why? because i'm after the mugen trim. plainly on looks, hehe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    One thing against the HR-V...

Uber leased Honda Vezel recalled for fire risk to drivers in Singapore - Business Insider

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    hindi ko talaga makita kung ano anggulo ng Hyundai to stop the Creta model at CRDI MT, walang CRDi AT. why anong logic? it may eat the sales of the AT Tucson CRDi. ang labo. I mean I understand why they offered the creta gasoline here to challenge the ecosport at ecosport price range. so bakit nag-offer pa ng CRDi na biten. labo talaga

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hi guys! (Just gonna ride on this post 'cause I can't start my own thread yet, sorry!)

I'm thinking of purchasing my first car for personal use and as of now I'm really confused haha. The car would be primarily for getting around Metro Manila with occasional long drives here and there. I personally prefer mid-sized cars (nothing too big or too small). As of now, my choices are: Nissan Juke, Subaru XV, Honda HR-V, and Mazda CX-3. Some suggestions would be great!Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fondue View Post
    Hi guys! (Just gonna ride on this post 'cause I can't start my own thread yet, sorry!)

I'm thinking of purchasing my first car for personal use and as of now I'm really confused haha. The car would be primarily for getting around Metro Manila with occasional long drives here and there. I personally prefer mid-sized cars (nothing too big or too small). As of now, my choices are: Nissan Juke, Subaru XV, Honda HR-V, and Mazda CX-3. Some suggestions would be great!Thanks!
    Your choices are subcompact crossovers. A midsize car is the likes of an Accord, Mazda6, and Camry.

Go to a dealer and check out your choices. Opinions and choices vary among people here. It is best you choose the vehicle that fits your needs. If you ask me, I'd go with the XV among your choices.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast