New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I dont know about you guys but Honda has far more durable suspension than Hyundai. But price, features and performance, Hyundai all the way!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by k o k o y View Post
    when buying a car or a SUV for that matter. think of it as an investment. and when investments are concerned returns are importatnt. Honda resale value is the best.
    Honda resale value is high because their up-front value is high. Durh. My 2004 Lynx RS is worth 350k secondhand in good condition, where a 2004 Honda Civic 2.0 is worth 400k secondhand in good condition. Wow, high resale value, right? Meh. The Honda Civic 2.0 cost about 150k more than the Lynx brand new.

High resale value is based on fuel economy. The old CR-V was an anomaly in that it was terrible in terms of fuel economy, but people wanted it. After the new one came out, with its good economy, the prices dropped dramatically. And in either case, secondhand values for the CR-V were only good compared to other crossovers like the Escape/Tribute and old gasoline Tucson/Sportage... compared to diesels, it's so-so.

Honda Civic 2.0s, Accords and even the older 1.7 Civics aren't fundamentally better on the secondhand market than other cars. But since many Hondas have good economy, (such as older Civics and the Jazz/City) those have higher resale, except those that don't. Scares about CVT longevity limit resale value.

In the future, the CR-V's resale value will be decent, but will still be hurt by the fact that it's a gasoline engine, and there are many economical diesels available secondhand.

Suspension-wise, though... yes, I'll give it to Honda. Hyundai's suspension tuning is too soft, and soft shocks don't last long in this environment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    T*#%& prestige yan, ang tagtag! sporty ride daw, b^£%€¥! Let's not be hypocrites, we all want a soft ride. Bibili ka ng prestigious car tapos parang hinalukay lamang loob mo pag nalubak or every time na dadaan sa humps. Long were the days of the power of dreams, hanggang panaginip na Lang talaga. Sabi pa nung SA, "makina na Lang po ang binabayaran nyo sa Amin." kaya nga hands down pa rin ako sa vtec, redline shifting is my norm.

Soft suspension doesn't mean it won't last. Look at american cars, they all have comfortable rides.

For me, get the GLS gas Tucson

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Soft or hard suspension depends on the consumers. I for one prefer soft suspension and so far Xtrail has the best suspension feeling for me. Sta Fe is next then CRV. Escape is hard, you can literally feel the road while you are driving. Q5 is a little stiff also but understandable since it's sports tuned. Haven't rode Tucson, Sportage, CX7 and Forester yet so maybe other owners can give their opinion.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel
    Soft or hard suspension depends on the consumers. I for one prefer soft suspension and so far Xtrail has the best suspension feeling for me. Sta Fe is next then CRV. Escape is hard, you can literally feel the road while you are driving. Q5 is a little stiff also but understandable since it's sports tuned. Haven't rode Tucson, Sportage, CX7 and Forester yet so maybe other owners can give their opinion.
    Yes, I agree, hard ang suspension ng Escape, naging problem pa ung tires na gamit nya, the Fortera, sobrang ingay kahit mga after a year pa lang... i thing 2010 pinalitan na ung gulong.... Much softer and comfy ung Tucson...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Escape is nowhere near as stiff as my CR-V. It's similar to the Sportage, though not quite as stiff as that. Not as soft as the X-Trail or Forester, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks guys sa mga inputs!

I'm also choosing between the tucson and crv and leaning towards tucson. May news na ba kailan lalabas ang 2012 edition ng tucson or okay pa ba naman bumili ng 2011 version kasi baka bigla lumabas ung 2012 pagbili ko...hehe

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Wala pa naman changes for 2012..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    yeah, what is happening to honda? ang dami nilang screwups

1. Cancellation of the NSX-R = Haaay, wala na tuloy "japanese ferarri"
    2. Cancellation of the s2000 = I dont understand this one, maganda naman ang market nito pero...
    3. Recalls - the Fit/Jazz etc
    4. To much focus on the Civic
    and many more

Kulang sila sa marketing prowess especially honda phil. pinoys are mad thirsty for diesels...oh wait, wala pa nga pala akong naririnig na honda with a diesel variant..meron ba?

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shredingman123 View Post
    Kulang sila sa marketing prowess especially honda phil. pinoys are mad thirsty for diesels...oh wait, wala pa nga pala akong naririnig na honda with a diesel variant..meron ba?
    Meron diesel ang Honda, pero sa European market nga lang. Wala sa Asian Market

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda CRV vs Hyundai Tucson