New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Help! I am confused I can't decide on what to buy between a Honda CRV (4x4) and a Ford Escape 3li . Can you help me in the Pros and Cons of both cars? I read previous thread on this but it was an old issue. What about today, is there a difference since the 2004 thread? I am for safety, service, and performance. Thanks
    Last edited by Bibs813; October 22nd, 2006 at 07:16 PM. Reason: polished my inquiry

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Not much difference.

Both cars are gas guzzlers, but the 3.0 Ford even more so than the CRV. The Ford is faster and more fun to drive, but the CRV has a good amount of space.

Personally, the 2.3 NBX Escape is a better choice than the 3.0 V6.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for prompt reply. Do you have experience which needs less maintenence?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    maintenance and pricing at the dealerships are similar.

Over the long term, I'm not sure.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    CRV's periodic maintenance is every 10k kms, not sure with the escape...
    but quite expensive, on the average, it would cost around 8k per PMS,

compared to RAV4, usually cost only around 3k per 5,000 kms

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ah, okay, 10k kms na rin pala ang CRV (like the Civic and City). Yes, it'll definitely cost more, because the long change interval requires synthetic oil.

I believe the Escape's oil change interval is 5000 kms. Around 4k per oil change (based on what I spend for the Lynx RS).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    uhmm.. I will pick Ford escape.. I like the looks..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ford escape coz it looks more like an SUV

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Ive used both and if resale wasnt an issue id go for an escape. Much much better ride, as far as fuel consumption is concerned theyre pretty much the same. Smart choice is the CRV. Even used ones are fetching high in the market

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hello mga bossing,

At this time po ba may nakakaalam or may tip na kayo kung kailan lalabas ang ALL NEW 2.3L FORD ESCAPE ? Alam na po natin na na-introduce na ito sa Taiwan and Australia. So ibig sabihin po ba niyan ay hindi na advisable bumili ng Escape ngayon dahil nga sandali lang at luma na kaagad ? I'm planning to buy one and kaya kong maghintay for 2 to 3 months, palagay ninyo nandito na all new model sa ganyang time frame?

Thanks, mga bossing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda CRV vs Ford Escape