New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    The gas Fortuner is quiet inside. Aside from the bumpiness, the vehicle also seem to be good at transmitting every single rut on the road to the back of your seat. Ok, I hope that sentence did not exaggerate anything, but thats just my initial observation.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    So Even If I Would NOT Change Its Shock Absorbers...ok Lang? Fear Ko Kase Walang Comfort E. I Also Would Like To Know The Comments Of The Passengers Of Fortuner... Kase Baka Ok Sya Pag Nasa Front Ka, Tapos Pag Nasa Likod Na, Hilo Kana

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IF you need pogi, get a Grand Vitara. Something you won't run into at every other intersection.

The new CR-V will also be coming soon. It shares platform with the Civic, so if the Civic changes, so too will the CR-V.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLOWMAN
    So Even If I Would NOT Change Its Shock Absorbers...ok Lang? Fear Ko Kase Walang Comfort E. I Also Would Like To Know The Comments Of The Passengers Of Fortuner... Kase Baka Ok Sya Pag Nasa Front Ka, Tapos Pag Nasa Likod Na, Hilo Kana
    Between a 2005 CRV 4x2 5 Pass. and a Fortuner 4x2 vvti, I think both vehicle in term of bumpiness are almost the similar, but with the CRV having a slight edge. The Fortuner is really not that uncomfortable or bone-jarring bumpy as you may have been led to believe. The Fortuner is much more comfortable and less bumpy, when compared to riding on a wild horse like a L300 Versa Van and Exceed. I havent tried the third (last) row of the Fortuner, but I expect it to be bumpy.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ganun ba, kase ang choices namin civic (kase bago sa paningin), crv (ang alam ko e smooth ride0 and fortuner (bago and pogi). Wag na sa price tignan kase incomparable talaga. We just need an extra ride. Vitara? Di ko lang sure pero di ko sya kilala. Tnx anyway sa mga comments....sana dadami pa habang waiting pa ako. Pareparehong walang available units e.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Bet. the 2006 Civic, CRV, Fortuner, I'll still get the Fortuner. But you will hit some snags with the supply-side of it, esp. the gas variant.

It boils down what you want to use the vehicle for? Cargo, passenger, and some provincial trips? Fortuner will do. Car-like driving dynamics coupled with cargo and some provincial trips? CRV will do. Comfort, economy, best handling around corner, speed, etc..? The Civic will do.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I have both (2005 CRV and 2.7 VVTi Fortuner). In terms of fuel economy, the Fortuner, in my opinion is a little bit more economical compared to the CRV. The CRV probably has better handling, as it handles like a car, as compared to a Fortuner, which is basically a truck.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Retinasurgeon,

How is the build quality of the Fortuner compared to the CRV?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    eh? The CRV is a compact SUV while the Fortuner is a mid-size SUV. Talagang magkaiba. If you want comparisons, compare the CRV against the same class in the Toyota lineup which is the RAV4. Or compare the Fortuner against Honda's MDX.
    Toyota just released the new Gen 3 RAV4 which is bigger and has more off-road capabilities, like Downhill Assist Control, Hill-Start Assist Control, Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control. In the US, variants can even have V6 engines and 7 seats. Honda's CRV on other hand is on its last legs. A new model will come up most probably next year if not later this year. So you have to take those into consideration.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hay nako!!!!The agent called me na may available na fortuner 4x2 vvti white, just what i really dreamed of. I was so excited to go to the casa....Kaso disappinted ako sa pricing nila. They gave me an insurance worth 55k and yet i asked my standard insurance agent how much is really the price, 26k lang daw. Sa BPI I was approved with 27% interest in 48 months. When toyota followed up my application, naging 40%. I went out disappointed. Just because i like Fortuner so much would not mean magpapaloko nako. I settled for the new civic. Labas ko na to mamya....

Yeah, anyone here na waiting pa rin? I still have the reservation till today...bukas daw iaallocate na sa iba. Btw, I'm from pampanga...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
are honda crv and toyota fortuner incomparable