New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer as the best SUV?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda CRV 4x2

42 31.82%
  • Ford Escape 4x2

30 22.73%
  • Toyota RAV4 4x2

28 21.21%
  • Nissan X-Trail

32 24.24%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoBoy View Post
    I have been lurking around reading threads for about 2 months now, test driven both and studied every detail After much research and comparative evaluation, the CRV won . I'm happy about my decision.......my first SUV after 2 sedans, a corolla and a civic, wifey happy as well.

I really love the build of the Escape, solid and well built but I also have to go against the interior which can be messed up by my kids, the 2 year warranty and probable overall ownership may be expensive in the long run due.

I'm very happy with my 96 civic..... given me less problems the past ten years in service.....hopefully with my choice, ganun din maging performance...unless I get a melon

Tnx
    good choice!

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ^So what did you get? the select edition (5 pass) , 8 passenger, or 4WD variant? And what color? Congrats on your new ride!
    I went for the 2.0 4X2 5P A/T Select Edition variant since the 8P unit has stiffer shocks. The 4X4 would be too much since I don't go much off road. Went for the usual add ons like the fog lamps, stepboards, etc. Alabaster silver is my choice since my brother already has the shoreline mist hue.

Thanks guys, learned a lot from this thread.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I went for the 2.0 4X2 5P A/T Select Edition variant since the 8P unit has stiffer shocks. The 4X4 would be too much since I don't go much off road. Went for the usual add ons like the fog lamps, stepboards, etc. Alabaster silver is my choice since my brother already has the shoreline mist hue.

Our unit is in shoreline mist. We managed to get the more loaded 5 pass before it was discontinued. It came with factory spare-tire cover, chrome door handle, orig fog lamps, 2-din audio head, etc. The newer select edition had these items deleted but at least the price went down by Php 50K which is a good saving on the buyers.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003

My wifey also got a crv last week, a red 4x2 2.0 AT 8P

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ano mas mataas high ground clearance? rav4 or crv?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I have been lurking around reading threads for about 2 months now, test driven both and studied every detail After much research and comparative evaluation, the CRV won . I'm happy about my decision.......my first SUV after 2 sedans, a corolla and a civic, wifey happy as well.

I really love the build of the Escape, solid and well built but I also have to go against the interior which can be messed up by my kids, the 2 year warranty and probable overall ownership may be expensive in the long run due.

I'm very happy with my 96 civic..... given me less problems the past ten years in service.....hopefully with my choice, ganun din maging performance...unless I get a melon

Tnx
    Congrats sir, you made a wise decision. CRV is also my choice over the Escape. Ask why? data and verdict from the experts:

US Govt Crash Test Result (Overall)
    CRV - Passed with flying colors. 5 stars
    Escape - Barely Passed. 2.5 stars

US Govt Tip off/ Rollover Test
    CRV - Passed
    Escape - FAILED

Due to a tip off on rollover tests done by US govt and independent organizations on the Escape, the Consumer Reports Union gave a verdict of 'NOT RECOMMENDED'

Safety first mga peepz...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I beg to disagree on the Honda CRV being "reliable." I'm the not-so-proud owner of a Hyondai CRV I got in 2003. It's been a let down several times Don't think build quality is solid just because it's a Honda. I'd still for a CRV versus an Escape. I thing an Innova would probably be more worth it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster View Post
    I beg to disagree on the Honda CRV being "reliable." I'm the not-so-proud owner of a Hyondai CRV I got in 2003. It's been a let down several times Don't think build quality is solid just because it's a Honda. I'd still for a CRV versus an Escape. I thing an Innova would probably be more worth it.
    Hyondai? Typo ba 'to p're?

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by duramax_994 View Post
    Congrats sir, you made a wise decision. CRV is also my choice over the Escape. Ask why? data and verdict from the experts:

US Govt Crash Test Result (Overall)
    CRV - Passed with flying colors. 5 stars
    Escape - Barely Passed. 2.5 stars

US Govt Tip off/ Rollover Test
    CRV - Passed
    Escape - FAILED

Due to a tip off on rollover tests done by US govt and independent organizations on the Escape, the Consumer Reports Union gave a verdict of 'NOT RECOMMENDED'

Safety first mga peepz...

Pretty much happy with my new unit. Delivered na. Sweet ride and very quiet engine. I have yet to feel the true power, ala pa plaka kasi. Honda it is!!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kaylan ba lalabas ang 07 honda crv dito sa pinas?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Honda CRV (4x2) vs. Ford Escape (4x2)