New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer as the best SUV?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda CRV 4x2

42 31.82%
  • Ford Escape 4x2

30 22.73%
  • Toyota RAV4 4x2

28 21.21%
  • Nissan X-Trail

32 24.24%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sori ha! Marketing guy kasi ako!u Yap i agree anyone or thing possess certain strenght and weaknesses but over all performance,criteria or features, one's possess makes the difference at the homestretch...that is why i think the poll gives the CRV a 36.23% acceptance rating by fellow tsikoter's. No doubt all suv's you mentioned are exceptionally delightfulto be in your garage! But i think the issue of this thread is which of this gorgeous suv's has higher consumer acceptance? Look at the Polls Please! Merun bang Hello Garci dito????? Kung merun bring your grievances to congress!!! Joke lang ma Sir,Ma-asar kamukha ni Garci! and before i forget paki basa nalang uli ang title ng tread Honda CRV (4x2) vs. Ford Escape (4x2)???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A marketing guy from Honda perhaps.

By the way, have you test driven all of the vehicles that you just lambasted? You'll be surprised that most compact SUVs almost behaves the same.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mdacs
    720K for 2002 CRV with 20k Mileage.. reasonable ba?

pwede mo pa sigurong tawaran yan bro. Nung December lang I just bought a 2003 model (plate no. e XKT) with 15tkms lang for 720K lang hard tire cover lang kasama. Pero kung 2002 mdl low mileaged at may mga dagdag accessories like running board, fog lights, pwede na siguro.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogisofi
    To all who said negative staff about the CRV im sure your other SUV's ( Ex-trail will be TRAILING behind my CRV,Ford Escape will be gracefully ESCAPING for a no contest test run for quarter mile! Toyota RAV 4 will be tRAVeling the opposite road looking for other weaker competitor! Sori Guys! The CRV is just a tough act to follow!
    The RAV4 is actually more dependable, drives quickly and gets much better mileage than the CRV. The X-Trail's AWD system is very VERY sophisticated, while the CR-V's is quite crude. And the Ford Escape originally talked about here has been replaced by the much better 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogisofi
    sori ha! Marketing guy kasi ako!u Yap i agree anyone or thing possess certain strenght and weaknesses but over all performance,criteria or features, one's possess makes the difference at the homestretch...that is why i think the poll gives the CRV a 36.23% acceptance rating by fellow tsikoter's. No doubt all suv's you mentioned are exceptionally delightfulto be in your garage! But i think the issue of this thread is which of this gorgeous suv's has higher consumer acceptance? Look at the Polls Please! Merun bang Hello Garci dito????? Kung merun bring your grievances to congress!!! Joke lang ma Sir,Ma-asar kamukha ni Garci! and before i forget paki basa nalang uli ang title ng tread Honda CRV (4x2) vs. Ford Escape (4x2)???
    Hello Garci, the majority didn't vote for Erap. I think that the fact that 63.77% of the people who voted didn't vote for the CR-V indicates that they think there are better choices out there. They're just not sure which of the alternatives is better, thus the CR-V still wins... but a united opposition would prosper. Hehehe.

The CRV is nice. The 2.0 4x2, though, is a gas-guzzler. Honda Civic 2.0 owners and CRV 2.0 owners I've talked to complain a lot about the engine-transmission combination. Ford's already rectified this by changing their 2.0 AT to a 2.3 AT (although it's still not very fuel efficient, at least you get power concomittant to the consumption). The CR-V 4x2's tires as of last year were some of the worst tires ever available as stock I've seen. TopGear complained that they lacked grip, and even my cousin complained that they squealed around corners in Baguio (mind you, he wasn't driving balls out, just quickly). Someone said they'd changed those tires on the new year model, but I can't vouch for how much better the new tires are.

Granted that, the interior is nice and the ride is comfortable. Power is adequate.

The Ford Escape has adequate power in the 2.3, which has a 0-60 (0-96kmh) time of under 12 seconds, while the CRV 2.0 AT does it in 12.5. Those numbers are both for AT AWD models, so the times for the front wheel drive models should be a bit lower. The 4x4 CRV 2.4 does it in 11.75. Chances are, the 2.3 Escape 4x2 is faster than both CRVs.

The Escape has good handling and better dynamics as compared to the CRV. Ford's selling it as a tough compact able to off-road, but it's not really all that.... (but neither is the CRV). Still, it's more entertaining to drive. What I don't like is the feel of some of the trim pieces, and the styling is a bit too old fashioned.

The Escape may not be better than the CRV in any aspect, but it's a worthy car. For the value conscious, the CRV is still the car of choice, but mostly because of its reputation and resale value. Since both are guzzlers, no one wins at the fuel pump wars. But if you want bang for your buck, you can't go wrong with a Ford.
    Last edited by niky; January 9th, 2006 at 03:01 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    This is a good thread... I am actually choosing regarding this two also.. but more inclined now to Ford Escape... crv is 999K for the select edition, but Ford have a low down payment, plus engine difference and automatic tranny... but still not yet decided..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just made a reservation for Escape yesterday, and just waiting for the approval. Can't resist the 99,999 promo. Sayang at di kasama sa promo yng NBX version nila, eto pa naman choice namin. Supposed to be Everst AT ang first choise namin but after the test drive and saw the NBX version, changed agad to Escape.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    999k ang escape ngaun? hmmm... makisali na po dito. ano po average fuel consumption ng escape 4x2? city driving? i'm deciding na kasi eh Escape is one of my choice but I'm leaning towards the 4x2 Tucson CRDi.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Just got my Escape today, a Black 2.3L. Very Very satisfied So Far. I bought the Chrome Tail Gate Cover (For NBX) and it looks very good on black! Medyo nanibago lang coz it's matic, and it's my first time to use matic...

Regards,
    Lucas

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    The 2001 Escape (V6) that I rode in the US left me unimpressed (based on my subjective observations, that is). Closing a door would emit a cheap sounding "clag" reminiscent of one our old L300 single cab van. It also emits loads of body roll at the slightest turn (something I would expect IF the Escape had a higher ground clearance, but NOT in this case). It also lacks adequate insulation which may explain the amount of noise that was annoyingly apparent during highway cruising.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Crv

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Honda CRV (4x2) vs. Ford Escape (4x2)