New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer as the best SUV?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda CRV 4x2

42 31.82%
  • Ford Escape 4x2

30 22.73%
  • Toyota RAV4 4x2

28 21.21%
  • Nissan X-Trail

32 24.24%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    no one suggested the grand vitara?!

for the base price (2wd) of a CRV, XTrail, etc...

you can get a grand vitara with 4x4...

reliable and not too common... though a bit small... but can still seat 5 people... relatively good resale.

just my 2 cents

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    CRV pa rin!!! haha, bias ako...

-not as good looking as the RAV 4 but overall design is not bad
    -high resale value
    -reliable
    -lots of technology
    -I-Vtec, 2.4L
    -MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
    -Double Wishbone Rear Suspension
    -etc

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Tagal na pala ng thread na ito. Malamang yung original poster nito eh nabenta na niya ng 2nd hand kung ano man yung nabili niya.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hahahah oo nga eh antagal yun mga tao deadma tuloy tuloy pa din..

ako syempre love my own, ive driven a ford escape na sa bro ko and yun gamit ko now na rav4. haha ang layo ng feel pag drive, ang sarap ng rav4. parang ang bigat ng ford

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i think ok na escape ngayon sa 2.3L

I got the 2.0L years back and hirap siya cause the body is quite heavy. Good thing ford now offers bigger engine for this type of entry level suv

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa Poll, Xtrail, sa question, CRV siguro... personally kasi I find the interior too plasticky and di ko gusto design

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by federal
    i think ok na escape ngayon sa 2.3L

I got the 2.0L years back and hirap siya cause the body is quite heavy. Good thing ford now offers bigger engine for this type of entry level suv
    I dont know about your unit, but a sales agent told me that Ford had quality problems with the 2.0l Escape. He did not elaborate further (regarding the problem).

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    CRV, but go for the 2.4l 4x4 since the 2.0l 4x2 seem to have very poor fuel efficiency and may suffer from the pull-to-the-right-problem. Great resale value. Today, a 2002 CR-V sells for Php 200K less its original sticker price.

Based on various reviews and research, the X-Trail is a better overall package than the CR-V, esp in off-roading. But if you look at the classifieds, year old X-Trials are selling for Php 300+ less its original sticker prices. Big depreciation, which is a good thing if you are in the market for pre-owned X-Trails.

The Escape is not so bad, but it feels cramped inside. This car is better off purchased pre-owned, so at least the effects of depreciation won't hit you so bad as it did to the original owner.

To answer the question again, CR-V 2.4l 4x4 if it were to be purchased brand new. X-Trial, if it were purchased pre-owned.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    I dont know about your unit, but a sales agent told me that Ford had quality problems with the 2.0l Escape. He did not elaborate further (regarding the problem).
    Regarding my unit
    2.0L 4x2 Escape...

at 15,570 kms... owned for 1 year and 10 mos to be exact, wala pa naman major or minor problems encountered. Or perhaps mababa lang masyado usage ko. I must admit, tinitipid ko sya. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I Own a CRV, so i voted for the CRV..

PROS
    - SPACE (This is the most important thing for me,considering im 6'4)
    - ENGINE
    - Driving position
    - Handles like a Car
    - Fuel Consumption ( 11 km/L ) with khaos nga lang

CONS
    - INTERIOR looks sooo CHEAP
    - Bumpy Ride (i own a 4x2)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Honda CRV (4x2) vs. Ford Escape (4x2)