New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Pulls better from standstill and better fuel economy, aside from cheaper fuel. Higher resale value and much easier to sell.

Problems are higher maintenance costs, and more parts that could go wrong. Religious maintenance is crucial if you go diesel.

I remember the gas vs diesel debate when the first gen Innova and Fortuner were released. 14 years later, you can see diesel won out.
    only added cost is the shorter fuel filter change interval. even with 12mo intervals its only minor imo.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    If you want long term peace of mind, get the Honda CR-V ... If you have cash to spare and value safety, get the Subaru Forester ... Difference between Subaru XV and Subaru Forester is about 60T-80T only ...
    Thank you so much sir! Leaning towards the CRV na ako but still doing my research! hehe I want safety, I'm just intimidated sa maintenance cost ng Subaru sa long term usage.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MMBO View Post
    Thank you so much sir! Leaning towards the CRV na ako but still doing my research! hehe I want safety, I'm just intimidated sa maintenance cost ng Subaru sa long term usage.
    In my experience in maintaining a Subaru, it is around the same in terms of cost compared to Honda or Ford. When within warranty period, Motor Image will allow you to bring your own fluids & parts, and they will just charge you for the service fee. I source the oil and parts outside where it is considerably cheaper compared to getting it from the dealership.

If beyond warranty period, you can bring your Subie to shops with experiencing Subie vehicles. Fusion R is one of the more popular shops where Subie owners go. I went to Fusion R for my CVTF & gear oil change and it is a lot cheaper compared to having it done at Motor Image.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    In my experience in maintaining a Subaru, it is around the same in terms of cost compared to Honda or Ford. When within warranty period, Motor Image will allow you to bring your own fluids & parts, and they will just charge you for the service fee. I source the oil and parts outside where it is considerably cheaper compared to getting it from the dealership.

If beyond warranty period, you can bring your Subie to shops with experiencing Subie vehicles. Fusion R is one of the more popular shops where Subie owners go. I went to Fusion R for my CVTF & gear oil change and it is a lot cheaper compared to having it done at Motor Image.
    OT: Butt in lang ako pero i'd like to ask if Fusion R is doing aircon works also for Subie units? Mahal kasi ng aircon works sa dealership..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Good to hear! How's the waiting time ng Motor image and Fusion R, sir? Within a day pwede na balikan, considering na available naman yung parts?

I hope the frequency ng wear and tear ng Subaru is good din. I only drive an average of 300 to 450KM a month lang since home office naman kami ni misis.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    OT: Butt in lang ako pero i'd like to ask if Fusion R is doing aircon works also for Subie units? Mahal kasi ng aircon works sa dealership..
    I think Fusion R does a bit of aircon stuff but most Subie owners go to Coolmate for their aircon maintenance needs.

Quote Originally Posted by MMBO View Post
    Good to hear! How's the waiting time ng Motor image and Fusion R, sir? Within a day pwede na balikan, considering na available naman yung parts?

I hope the frequency ng wear and tear ng Subaru is good din. I only drive an average of 300 to 450KM a month lang since home office naman kami ni misis.
    With Motor Image, every visit requires an appointment. For emergency cases, you will have to leave the car.

With Fusion R, it is first-come-first-serve basis. I guess for more serious repairs, you will have to leave your car.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Diesels are bad for the environment.

Go with the Subaru.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Diesels are bad for the environment.

Go with the Subaru.
    for CO2 emissions.

141g/km vs 179g/km which one is worse?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    for CO2 emissions.

141g/km vs 179g/km which one is worse?
    It's not just CO2 which is bad for the environment.

There's NO2 which diesel engines emit 30% more. Nitrogen Oxide, which we know for a fact, is toxic.

There is also the not so small amounts of particulate matter that diesels produce far more of than gas engines. These are also toxic and, in some cases, directly responsible for respiratory illnesses and are even carcinogenic.

Diesel engines also need more maintenance than a gas engine. CO2, NO2, and particulate matter emissions get considerably worse over time and this is compounded to exponential levels when maintenance regimens are not followed.

Sent using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Honda CRV 2.0S VS Subaru Forester 2.0X