New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I'm not quite sure how the XV and the CX-5 Pro are in terms of reliability compared to the CR-V gas. Time will tell, I guess.

If you're being practical though, the Mazda has Yojin3. Or better yet, get a diesel that's not on a CVT.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    The previous platform XV has been in the country since 2013, the same with the first gen CX5. They are about as old as the 4th gen CRV. There are more CX5s, XVs, and Foresters (SJ) on the road since then compared to the 4th gen CRV. I guess that speaks well of their reliability.

The new XV and CX5 are still similar to the previous platform, with slight modifications only in looks and features.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The previous platform XV has been in the country since 2013, the same with the first gen CX5. They are about as old as the 4th gen CRV. There are more CX5s, XVs, and Foresters (SJ) on the road since then compared to the 4th gen CRV. I guess that speaks well of their reliability.

The new XV and CX5 are still similar to the previous platform, with slight modifications only in looks and features.
    Only the Forester outsold the CRV during that period. The CRV was still a relatively good seller in its dwindling CUV segment:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *Jut - what I meant was there are more XVs, CX5s, and Foresters combined than there are CRVs. Back in the early 2000s, Subaru Foresters and Mazda CUVs (Tribute, CX7) are not as common as the CRV. There were more Ford Escapes back then.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Only the Forester outsold the CRV during that period. The CRV was still a relatively good seller in its dwindling CUV segment:

Tucson? Maraming nabenta? Are we sure these numbers aren't made up??

Haha

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Tucson? Maraming nabenta? Are we sure these numbers aren't made up??

Haha
    The rest of the numbers are sound. You can read through the whole article here - Racing toward 35, - Motioncars | Motioncars

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The rest of the numbers are sound. You can read through the whole article here - Racing toward 35�,��� - Motioncars | Motioncars

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Based on what I'm seeing on the local roads, parang tama naman yung iba...

The Tucson figure though... Haha! Gave the Tucson specsheet a check just now sa Hyundai PH site, super stripper model nalang pala yung available dito. Even diesel variant the one with 2 airbags is at the PPV price level na.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ I guess Hyundai made a god job with their marketing for the Tucson. The fluidic looks may have been a turn-on for their buyers despite the lack of features of the base model Tucsons.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Im wanting crv gas cvt but there is no available unit. My 2nd option is mazda cx5 pro. Im startitng to consider of getting mazda cx5 due. It all depends on implementation of excise tax. What ars your thoughts between the two, would you wait or dive into getting cx5 pro?

Sent from my Pixel using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yecherchong View Post
    Im wanting crv gas cvt but there is no available unit. My 2nd option is mazda cx5 pro. Im startitng to consider of getting mazda cx5 due. It all depends on implementation of excise tax. What ars your thoughts between the two, would you wait or dive into getting cx5 pro?
    Mazda's CX-5's will not be affected by the new excise tax, as they're going to start importing them from Malaysia instead of Japan starting 2018.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yecherchong View Post

Sent from my Pixel using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Try to backread, lots of info here. The CX-5 Pro is superior to the CR-V gas. Get it now while it's still made in Japan.

Better features, specs, and more premier feel. Drives a lot better, too. Don't take my word for it, see one and drive one for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    ^^^ I guess Hyundai made a god job with their marketing for the Tucson. The fluidic looks may have been a turn-on for their buyers despite the lack of features of the base model Tucsons.
    Good engine, too.

But it's the 100++k discount + free touchscreen/reverse cam/etc + low dp deals that gave the Tucson good sales numbers compared to the rest of its rivals.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast