The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with the question... fortuner 4x4...
    with the money... pre-own nissan patrol

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I have the same dilemma right now but I will choose the substantially more fuel efficient. Honda CRV 4x2 is claiming 8.5km a liter in city while fortuner 2.7G gas is 8.0km. How true are these figures especially fortuner it seems to be a miracle?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    I have the same dilemma right now but I will choose the substantially more fuel efficient. Honda CRV 4x2 is claiming 8.5km a liter in city while fortuner 2.7G gas is 8.0km. How true are these figures especially fortuner it seems to be a miracle?

kaya nman maka kuha ng ganitong figure basta wla masyado trapik at super bagal ng driving style. pero palagay ko 6 to 7 lang both car. feeling ko mas matipid crv kasi mas magaan sya at mas maliit makina

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    for me still the CRV, for everyday driving... you have high ground clearance, space of an SUV and riding comfort of a car.. add to that the honda badge and style

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Actually depende yan sa gagamit. In our case, we currently have a Gen 2 CRV, but a friend of ours has decided to sell his Fortuner 2.5 D4D, and since its still very fresh (less than 10,000km), we are thinking of buying it then sell the CRV. But I'm having second thoughts since its my wife who will be using it primarily, baka kasi mahirapan si misis sa Fortuner since its bigger than the CRV. Maybe I'll let my wife drive Fortuner when we get to test it then decide from there.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by clared808 View Post
    Hi! I need some advice so I can chose whether to get a 07 CRV 2.0 4x2 M/T, since 6months of waiting for the 4x4 is too long, or a Fortuner 2.5DSL A/T.

thx.
    My vote goes to the CRV 2.0 4x2.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Both vehicles have street-creeds, so to say. And since the price difference of gas and diesel are not that much as before.....then..it all boils down...on how the vehicle will be used..

ride quality, ergonomics, driving comfort, urban appeal ----CRV 4x2.

ruggedness ----Fortuner. Yes, the 3.0L 4x4 variant is much more enticing in this respect.

For city slickers, the CRV is, IMO, a better vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Is it true that the CRV's and even the newest model CRV ('08) have poor fuel consumption? Comparable daw sa expe?? Eh 5 seater lang ang new CRV ngayon.... These reports are everywhere in the internet.

I might as well get the 2.7 Fortuner gas, if so, 7 seater pa. tsk, tsk. Hirap mag decide.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    Is it true that the CRV's and even the newest model CRV ('08) have poor fuel consumption? Comparable daw sa expe?? Eh 5 seater lang ang new CRV ngayon.... These reports are everywhere in the internet.

I might as well get the 2.7 Fortuner gas, if so, 7 seater pa. tsk, tsk. Hirap mag decide.
    The new CR-V 2.4 is just as thirsty as ever. We're averaging around 7 in daily use... but this is the 4x4 with the K24 engine. It's about as powerful as the Fort's 2.7, so it uses a lot of gas... but fuel economy is somewhat better because the CR-V is a lighter vehicle. Oh... it's great to drive. Personally, unless you need an off-roader, the CR-V 2.4 4x4 is superior to the Fortuner 2.7 4x2. More sure-footed, softer ride, better interior (hell... MUCH better interior materials and seats).

The CR-V 2.0 is much more economical than the older K20 powered CR-V... but by how much, we've yet to verify in a back-to-back comparison. The only advantage the Fort has over the CR-V 2.0 is the more comfortable seats. The CR-V 2.0's fabric seats are rock-hard (just like the Civic's) with poor support in the rear... but if you upgrade to factory leather, the CR-V 2.0 would be perfect.
    Last edited by niky; September 18th, 2008 at 05:38 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The new CR-V 2.4 is just as thirsty as ever. We're averaging around 7 in daily use... but this is the 4x4 with the K24 engine. It's about as powerful as the Fort's 2.7, so it uses a lot of gas... but fuel economy is somewhat better because the CR-V is a lighter vehicle. Oh... it's great to drive. Personally, unless you need an off-roader, the CR-V 2.4 4x4 is superior to the Fortuner 2.7 4x2. More sure-footed, softer ride, better interior (hell... MUCH better interior materials and seats).

The CR-V 2.0 is much more economical than the older K20 powered CR-V... but by how much, we've yet to verify in a back-to-back comparison. The only advantage the Fort has over the CR-V 2.0 is the more comfortable seats. The CR-V 2.0's fabric seats are rock-hard (just like the Civic's) with poor support in the rear... but if you upgrade to factory leather, the CR-V 2.0 would be perfect.
    Nice, it seems you are well versed when it comes to automotive. Do you now how many kilometers in a liter of gas does the Fortuner 2.7vvti consume in city driving. TIA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda CR-V or Toyota Fortuner