New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kia and Hyundai will also start using their own version of a CVT. Iba nga lang acronym for it.

Ford is moving back to conventional AT after the the DCT fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly... If CVTs were really bad... Why aren't we all driving Mazdas

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Exactly... If CVTs were really bad... Why aren't we all driving Mazdas
    Gusto ko ng Mazda6 at baka umabot yung kapogihan ko kay bossing Archerfish.

OT na tayo. Hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Going back to topic, the new Innova is not your usual soccer mom vehicle. I guess Toyota decided to put the bigger 2.8L engine on it as it is expected to be used to haul people and cargo.

This is to the dismay of new Fort owners who just have to deal with the lower output 2.4L engine in exchange for the muscular looks and style. For the TOTL Fort lang available yung 2.8L engine.

dito ako nagtataka sa mga marketing. I get it that most of us here sa tsikot are in a minority wherein manuals still have a place and more power equals more better. sa ibang bansa mayroon naman 2.4 na innova. I would think they would sell a lot more if they put in the 2gd and the innova will still have plenty of power. Majority of buyers would probably gravitate towards that even if sold side by side with the 2.8.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    dito ako nagtataka sa mga marketing. I get it that most of us here sa tsikot are in a minority wherein manuals still have a place and more power equals more better. sa ibang bansa mayroon naman 2.4 na innova. I would think they would sell a lot more if they put in the 2gd and the innova will still have plenty of power. Majority of buyers would probably gravitate towards that even if sold side by side with the 2.8.
    Depends on the pricing.

Knowing toyota, if they decide to offer the 2.4 liter engine, they will price it at the current rate of the 2.8 liter and jump the prices of the 2.8 somewhere near the vicinity of the mid range fort and the 2.8 TOTL option.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    unless word gets around that the 2.4 is a weakling (is it? dunno...),
    at the right price, the 2.4 will probably outsell the 2.8.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    unless word gets around that the 2.4 is a weakling (is it? dunno...),
    at the right price, the 2.4 will probably outsell the 2.8.
    The 2.4L is good enough for the heavier Fort so it would do for the Innova. The older 2.5L worked well despite being not as potent as the newer engines.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    My guess with the decision is that Innova will sell, regardless if with a 2.4 or 2.8 engine. However, from a parts standpoint, only the Fortuner TOTL would have the 2.8L in the 4x4 trim which would be a pain in inventory management with slow moving parts, given that there is low demand for the TOTL Fortuner vs the base and mid trims that use the 2.4L.

I think they chose the 2.8L for the Innova for that and axed an option for the 2.4L so that buyers would have no choice if they want an Innova. This also ensures that 2.8L parts won't stay stuck in the warehouse.

And say, the current 2.8L stays and they did launch a 2.4L Innova. I'd assume they place that as a possible "lower" base trim since the current 2.8 lineup exists. That would lower its price and place it closer to the mid trim of the Rush giving potential buyers too many options.

I think giving too many options is actually a bad thing. Keep it as simple as you can so buyers can decide easier and it also helps Toyota Phils bottom line. =)

My two cents.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    My guess with the decision is that Innova will sell, regardless if with a 2.4 or 2.8 engine. However, from a parts standpoint, only the Fortuner TOTL would have the 2.8L in the 4x4 trim which would be a pain in inventory management with slow moving parts, given that there is low demand for the TOTL Fortuner vs the base and mid trims that use the 2.4L.

I think they chose the 2.8L for the Innova for that and axed an option for the 2.4L so that buyers would have no choice if they want an Innova. This also ensures that 2.8L parts won't stay stuck in the warehouse.

And say, the current 2.8L stays and they did launch a 2.4L Innova. I'd assume they place that as a possible "lower" base trim since the current 2.8 lineup exists. That would lower its price and place it closer to the mid trim of the Rush giving potential buyers too many options.

I think giving too many options is actually a bad thing. Keep it as simple as you can so buyers can decide easier and it also helps Toyota Phils bottom line. =)

My two cents.
    switik talaga toyota...
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    switik talaga toyota...
    heh heh.
    Kaya malaki kita nila! Hehehehe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Pano pa kaya pag naka remap yung ecu ng 2.8 na Innova baka kahit b18 na civic mag pahirapan sila. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast