New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Civic also has better elbow room. Subcompacts only grow in length, but rarely in width.

The current length of subcompacts is enough, I don't see the need for a longer Vios or City in the future since legroom is already very generous.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Let's say, we translate it to Toyota vehicles. Will you choose the previous gen Vios or the previous gen Altis?

that's a tough call... it's exactly the same predicament as the civic versus the city.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i'd go for the civic. years ago, i used to drive the gd jazz and it was no match for the fd in terms of ride and comfort. actually, i even find it more enjoyable to drive the fd as opposed to getting around in our monty

btw, i haven't really thought much about it but i feel our fd is a bit roomier than our monty (interior wise).
    Last edited by baludoy; April 20th, 2015 at 09:11 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Ano po ba average price ng 2nd hand 2008 Civic 1.8V A/T? I came across one for 430k with 50k mileage. Is it a good buy po ba? Thx

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by reeze13 View Post
    Ano po ba average price ng 2nd hand 2008 Civic 1.8V A/T? I came across one for 430k with 50k mileage. Is it a good buy po ba? Thx
    You can always check out OLX to survey for prices. 430k will already get you a 1.8S which is a much better buy than the 1.8V.

I would also suggest getting an '09 model or newer, as this is the facelifted FD which IMO looks better.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    2009 models pataas at may paddle shifters na.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Is there a big difference in the maintenance cost with the civic FD AT and MT? How reliable po ba are the civic FD in the 2nd hand market? Also, someone is selling a 2011 1.8 FD with a 100k mileage and a 2008 model with a 50k mileage. Which one is a better buy?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Lets face it. Its a 2nd hand car, there is no guarantee. Thorough inspection and test will increase the probability of getting a better car.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is there a big difference in the maintenance cost with the civic FD AT and MT? How reliable po ba are the civic FD in the 2nd hand market? Also, someone is selling a 2011 1.8 FD with a 100k mileage and a 2008 model with a 50k mileage. Which one is a better buy?
    You're trading an expensive, fairly regular expense (clutch change) against another fairly regular, but cheaper expense (transmission fluid change) and a possible one-time-big-time expense (AT overhaul).

I'd worry more about the cost of suspension and brake components on the FD.

I'd go for a 1.8 MT. Absolutely fantastic cars to drive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're trading an expensive, fairly regular expense (clutch change) against another fairly regular, but cheaper expense (transmission fluid change) and a possible one-time-big-time expense (AT overhaul).

I'd worry more about the cost of suspension and brake components on the FD.

I'd go for a 1.8 MT. Absolutely fantastic cars to drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Civic i believe. The fact that it is more expensive

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast