What is better between the 2?
    Year Model of Civic from 2006-2010
    City from 2009-2012

Please give your input on this,

Thank you guys..
    I'll for CITY bro.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Civic for me. Much better in all aspects (ie., looks, comfort,etc.)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Go for civic 2008 above, hindi sirain compare sa 06 at 07 civic

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It's a no brainer unless you're so mindful of fuel expense. The Civic FD 1.8L is more comfortable, rides and handles better, and with just a kilometer or two per liter difference in FC over the 1.5L City.

Let's say, we translate it to Toyota vehicles. Will you choose the previous gen Vios or the previous gen Altis?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's a no brainer unless you're so mindful of fuel expense. The Civic FD 1.8L is more comfortable, rides and handles better, and with just a kilometer or two per liter difference in FC over the 1.5L City.

Let's say, we translate it to Toyota vehicles. Will you choose the previous gen Vios or the previous gen Altis?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Owned a city 05 before with paddle shifter and it's fun to drive but my '10 civic 1.8S have much more to offer in most aspects.
    The only downside of the civic against its little sister i guess is its stiffer ride. Maintenance wise the civic is a tad higher given she's bigger (more oil, bigger tires, etc)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Civic FD is a joy to drive. I'm actually waiting for the 2010 refresh (one with square LED tail lights) to cheapen so I can get one, perhaps a manual. The power is there, the steering is precise. It's more economical if you drive long distances (like most "big engined" cars. 1.8 isn't particularly big but if you compare it to subcompacts with 1.0cc, it is.

City, a subcompact, is a nice city dweller. On long roads, it runs out of breath after 110kmh. It takes so long to speed up after that. Nothing happens until after 4000rpm where it starts moving. Torque comes in much later. Electronics are medieval. I'm used to automated cars that shuts everything off when you press lock. I happen to leave a 5 day old City's headlights on and 30mins later after a quick lunch, it won't start. The darn thing doesn't automatically manage electrical power. I was shocked to learn that the battery is a motorcycle spec size. It's literally just for starting the car. LOL. You get what you pay for I guess. Honda might have fixed this issue with the new City but I haven't tried the new one yet. Still, better than a friend's latest Ford fiesta which keeps going back to the repair shop because of transmission issues.

Both cars are ok. But if I were to get either, it's definitely the Civic.
    Last edited by Horsepower; March 24th, 2015 at 02:49 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Have the same dillema the only difference is mine are brand new, still now havent decided if ill go for city vx modulo or civic e

9. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian1k3 View Post
    Have the same dillema the only difference is mine are brand new, still now havent decided if ill go for city vx modulo or civic e
    Still undecided? Go for the 1.5v Mazda 3. That way you get a fun car with good FC.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you just want a daily people hauler with lots of gadgets, the City VX will be fine. The new City VX is almost the same in interior space as some compacts. However, it cannot compare to the power and handling of the Civic FB (despite losing its sportiness over the previous Civic FD). The Civic FB is light for its size (lighter than most compacts) thus offering better power-to-weight ratio.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you just want a daily people hauler with lots of gadgets, the City VX will be fine. The new City VX is almost the same in interior space as some compacts. However, it cannot compare to the power and handling of the Civic FB (despite losing its sportiness over the previous Civic FD). The Civic FB is light for its size (lighter than most compacts) thus offering better power-to-weight ratio.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast