City from 2009-2012

Please give your input on this,

Thank you guys..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho.... two factors....

- the bigger, the better.
    - the newer the better.

test drive the two, then he can decide from there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

imho.... two factors....

- the bigger, the better.
    - the newer the better.

test drive the two, then he can decide from there.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hey bro, I own a civic FD 2008 V AT and a 2013 city 1.5 AT EL.

Both where purchased band new when I got them. Hands down the civic is a much better car in terms of performance. The only advantage the city has is the fuel consumption.
    Parts maintenance cost, halos parehas lang sila but since the civic is an aging car compared to the city, siyempre mas marami na akong napalitan na parts.

IMO, if I was in your situation, I'd get the civic fd, the MMC model in particular.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey bro, I own a civic FD 2008 V AT and a 2013 city 1.5 AT EL.

Both where purchased band new when I got them. Hands down the civic is a much better car in terms of performance. The only advantage the city has is the fuel consumption.
    Parts maintenance cost, halos parehas lang sila but since the civic is an aging car compared to the city, siyempre mas marami na akong napalitan na parts.

IMO, if I was in your situation, I'd get the civic fd, the MMC model in particular.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Civic definitely. For roughly the same price, you get much more space, refinement, power, NVH, and prestige. FC difference is worth it.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm biased... If I needed a 2nd car, I'd get another Civic. I'm really fond of the FD.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I opted to keep my 2010 1.8S FD as an alternate car.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Civic all the way! Better engine performance and prestige!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Then civic it is..hmm..is a/t still good or is it better to get m/t?
    For lower maintenance cost..

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'd get an MT but not for maintenance costs. The MT FD is just so fun to drive!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If it was a new car, I'd get an A/T. But since this is going to be a 2nd hand car, I'd be more careful.

All else being equal, 2nd hand A/T variants tend to be slightly cheaper compared to M/T models. Since most buyers don't know the history of the A/T, and along with the knowledge that repairing A/T isn't cheap, people tend to stay away from it and instead get an M/T. However, if you know where and what to look out for in an A/T and can identify tell tale signs of previous abuse, you will be able to decide on your own if it's worth buying.

That said, it is my opinion that the FD's 5-A/T (or most any modern A/T's for that matter) is very reliable if it is well taken cared of. I'm on 73,+++ km and my 1.8S A/T still shifts like it was new. But I did that at a cost.... replacing the ATF every two years and just recently on the car's 7th birthday, I had the ATF filter replaced.... even though it's nowhere in the list of scheduled PMS items.

You can also tell by the car's service records if it was pampered well or otherwise.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast