New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup, sports cars aren't good daily drivers. you should always buy a daily driver before buying a sports car, if you can't afford getting both then don't get a daily driver not a sports car.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i know people who buy entry level euro cars just so they can say they own a bmw/benz...
    I was laughing a few months ago... I saw an old lady being chauffered in the back of a 320i.

I mean... really? I could see buying a 3-series if I were a young executive (335d, please... no fries... )... but you're buying a 3-series to ride in the back seat? Come on... ...3-series cars aren't meant for being chauffered around in!

Of course, it would have been funnier if she were stepping out of the back seat of a Genesis Coupe... which reminds me of what I saw last year... a Fil-Chinese businessman driving a brand new Porsche 911... with his wife in the passenger seat, and two kids and two yayas unceremoniously squeezed into the rear seats. If you've ever seen how small a 911's rear seat is, you can guess how sad the yaya's faces were.... The kids... never mind... it's a Porsche!
    Last edited by niky; March 8th, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I was laughing a few months ago... I saw an old lady being chauffered in the back of a 320i.

I mean... really? I could see buying a 3-series if I were a young executive (335d, please... no fries... )... but you're buying a 3-series to ride in the back seat? Come on... ...3-series cars aren't meant for being chauffered around in!

Of course, it would have been funnier if she were stepping out of the back seat of a Genesis Coupe... which reminds me of what I saw last year... a Fil-Chinese businessman driving a brand new Porsche 911... with his wife in the passenger seat, and two kids and two yayas unceremoniously squeezed into the rear seats. If you've ever seen how small a 911's rear seat is, you can guess how sad the yaya's faces were.... The kids... never mind... it's a Porsche!
    Sobrang practical talaga ng 911.

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    if you're worrying about the maintenance of a euro car then that just means you still can't afford one. there's a difference between being able to buy one and being able to afford one. i know people who buy entry level euro cars just so they can say they own a bmw/benz then when the time comes for their maintenance ayun namo-mroblema.
    I've already seen some people who could buy entry-level Euro cars but when something goes wrong they can't fix it correctly and end up with some weird workarounds. I've already seen a few BMW 3-Series and 5-Series being repowered with second-hand Japanese diesel engines because it was still cheaper than replace some parts from the original engine...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky

how about X5? Ok Lang chauffeur driven? Cuz somebody close to me is exactly like that, if not ill tell her to drive it herself Kasi sabi niky mukhanv tanga siya...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    320 for sure! ++++ pogi points than honda or hyundai.. parts and maintenance are not that expensive if you find the right shop. similar lang sa price ng casa ng honda. if you compare it.... ok lang bumili 2nd hand car.. if mabilis ka mag sawa.. para nde masakit sa depreciation factor

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    how about X5? Ok Lang chauffeur driven? Cuz somebody close to me is exactly like that, if not ill tell her to drive it herself Kasi sabi niky mukhanv tanga siya...
    iba naman yung mga nakikita ko, minsan montero sport as chauffeur driven, meron pa nga Kia Carens... for chauffer car pwede na rin ba yung Hyundai Genesis sedan o yung Hyundai Equus?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    for chauffer car pwede na rin ba yung Hyundai Genesis sedan o yung Hyundai Equus?
    Oo naman, luxury car na yan kahit entry level lang eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Hahaha... Puwede naman... malaki yung back seat ng X5...

Weird naman kasi kung 3-series o C-Class lang tapos matanda yung may gamit... parang pinilit lang umabot yung pera sa "luxury" na car... when they would be more comfortable in an Accord or a Camry at the same price.

Talagang pang-bagets lang ang mga 1-series o 3-series... o yung mga "self-driven".

Weirder siguro kung 6-series pa yung binili, tapos back-seat pa sila sumasakay...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Sarap naman ng problema ni TS,- ano'ng kotse ang bibilhin for his graduation gift....

15.1K:bouncealt:
    oo nga eh. kaya kung ako, mas pasasarapin ko na lang ang problema ko, I'll get the BMW 320i. Then, if I'm the man standing in his shoes, my choices, in order of priority, would be as follows:

1. BMW 320i - a BMW is a BMW; Mas marami kang makukuhang BMW (Babaeng Mahilig sa Wheels) Iba pa rin ang prestige ng BMW; Yon nga lang, maintenance cost is more expensive; But if you can afford to buy one, then, with more reason that you can afford to maintain it. Kung brand conscious ka, go for the BMW;

2. Hyundai Genesis Coupe - all I can say about this car is maporma, a head turner, and maintenance would be cheaper than the BMW;

3. Honda Civic - You can get a brand new unit with your budget, of course, lesser headache and easier to maintain. Pero marami kang kapareho, kaya parang ordinary car na lang. But among your choices, as some of us here suggest, this is the most practical option.

may mga ilan namang nagsasabi na pag naka-honda daw, sosyal ang dating. But of course, iba pa rin ang dating mo pag naka-BMW ka.
    Last edited by galant E SS; March 13th, 2012 at 12:23 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Honda Civic or Hyundai Genesis Coupe or BMW 320i