New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    If it is for the personal use of your wife,- I suggest that you go for the Jazz.

If she is going to use the 'car' to drive the kids to and from the school,- I suggest that you go for the Innova.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since it is for the wifey... i'd pick the honda jazz 1.5L (in pink).

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    e kung ford focus kaya? yung hatchback na 2.0 yung engine..?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLOWMAN
    e kung ford focus kaya? yung hatchback na 2.0 yung engine..?
    That would be pushing you off the price segment of the vehicles you wanted to be compared in the first place. The Ford hatch costs Php 1,025,000. The catch for getting this Focus hatch is for its engine and great handling characteristics. Space/cargo-wise, I think its a bit larger or the same as the Jazz

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    The catch for getting this Focus hatch is for its engine and great handling characteristics.
    Handling of this vehicle is still great (euro-like handling kasi eh).

Unfortunately, if you are concerned with engine performance, the 8th gen Civic (FD) has a 2.0 engine that produces 155 hp > compared to 145 hp in the focus. The K20A3 also has more torque than the 2.0 engine of Ford.

Heck, even the 1.8 engine (a.k.a. R18A) is slightly better than the 2.0 ford engine with more torque + less fuel consumption against the competitor's engine.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ride quality and comfort, the Civic, definitely... followed by the Jazz. The Innova may have coil springs instead of the default leaf-springs of other AUVs, but a body-on-frame probably won't make it as pliant as the cars.

If your wife is going to be driving the vehicle, though... I think the Jazz is the best choice. Cute, easy to drive, easy to park and easy on the wallet in terms of gas.

e what can u say sa FORD FOCUS 2.0 ENGINE NA SPORTY ANG LOOKS? I'm also thinking kasi of the possibility na magagamit ko din sya minsan e.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLOWMAN
    e what can u say sa FORD FOCUS 2.0 ENGINE NA SPORTY ANG LOOKS? I'm also thinking kasi of the possibility na magagamit ko din sya minsan e.
    bro... if you can afford it... why not?

it looks great... has an adequate engine... handles nicely without being too harsh... has tons of new features (including a trip computer, rear aircon vents, hi-tech dashboard material, etc).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    since it is for the wifey... i'd pick the honda jazz 1.5L (in pink).
    i'd suggest a more neutral color; you might end up doing most of the driving pag nakursunadahan mo B) nagarahe for a while ung ae92 ng uncle ko 'coz he fell in love with my aunt's starlet :D

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    saan b gagamitin yan? kung pangkarga Innova, kasi medyo mas malaki ung space un nga lang less sa comfort compared sa car... Malaki din naman space nung Jazz ahh... ilan ba expected sasakay? kung 3 including driver (say si esmi and 2 kids) use one of the ULT seats kung marami dala like bags or groceries.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jazz. Bagay sa babae.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Civic? Honda Jazz Or Toyota Innova?