New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *niky
    meron kasi nirereto sa friend ko na EK which is only at the same price range of the current EGs ngayon, that's his dillema too. i dunno what's his source nor which engine (EK or EG) was more efficient pero yun yung isa niyang inopen up sakin which makes things, sabi niya, more interesting for him. is that still a hard decision to make?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Get which ever is cheaper between the EK or EG hatch. Then use the extra money for body repairs and a fresh paint job. HTH

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Burai View Post
    *niky
    meron kasi nirereto sa friend ko na EK which is only at the same price range of the current EGs ngayon, that's his dillema too. i dunno what's his source nor which engine (EK or EG) was more efficient pero yun yung isa niyang inopen up sakin which makes things, sabi niya, more interesting for him. is that still a hard decision to make?
    Ang tanong: Papers?

That's always the most important thing. Papers, papers, papers.

Next is the quality of the steering swap, but that can be dealt with later on.

I know someone who was on the point of murdering a seller because a year after he bought his Type R, he found out the papers weren't in order.

At this point, it's safer buying an import that's been in the country for many years than one just off the boat, but you have to be very certain that the paperwork is in order.

And then you'll have to check the quality of the swap:

1. Did they swap in local headlights or adjust them? Check the beam pattern against the wall. The rightmost side of the light pattern should be higher, not the left.
    2. Are the mirrors correct?
    3. Did they use an original left-hand drive dashboard? Look for telltale seams or disjointed surfaces to find out.
    4. Did they swap over a complete steering assembly? If the wheel turns further to one side than the other, then the answer is likely no.

If the answer to questions 1 and 2 are "no", then consider the cost of fixing, but don't let it deter you. If the answer to 3 and 4 are "no", just go and get an EG in similar or better condition.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd get the EK that is assuming that there is nothing wrong with the conversion and papers. It is newer than the EG after all and its got more stuff inside unlike the local EG with a puny 1.2L engine and a very barebones interior. If the EK you found does not comply with niky's requirements I would suggest you go for an SiR instead. Same B16 engine, same chassis plus 4 door sedan practicality.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Ang EG ba may rust issues?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *bodz
    it will, due to age.

*gti
    we're avoiding the engine lalo na yung b16 na yan, he's not into racing din kasi. so if EGs lang ang merong 1.2 na makina, i guess the EGs are more efficient than the EK. sana tama hinala namin. ph12 ang inaalam nila ngayon hehe

*niky
    noted na. salamat

*all
    salamat!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    if papers are complete and the conversion is done properly i'll go for EK since it is much newer than eg and it has power steering(for daily driving comfort). but if power steering is not an issue to you then go for the eg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
which honda civic hatch is better: EK or EG?