New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm~ Well, theoretically speaking, a CBU Japan and a PH assembled unit SHOULD have the same level of quality. But then I do not know if it is much like the build quality difference between a Made In Finland Nokia phone and a Made In China Nokia phone. Somehow, the Finland phone almost always seems to outlive the China phone even if they are of the same brand.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    You can easily facelift naman if you want. They all have the same body naman and what will fit on one will definitely fit on another regardless of the variant. As for the fuel consumption... A large part of it will surely depend on how you drive. If you have a light foot, then surely you will be able to get similar FC numbers as with your FD. Although siguro if you want to attain that, you might need an even lighter foot.
    thanks sir for your reply.. im very much exited now. cant wait.hehehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ang mahal ng Civic! Pero at this kind of pricing, I'd go all the way and wait for the top of the line variant. As for now, I'd go for the Lancer. If you want a CBU Japan Lancer EX, you can look in the 2nd hand market, the initial batches of Lancer EX's were CBU Japan, and I believe that is where the unicorn Lancer EX GT M/T is found. Pero kung brand new talaga, get the M/T variant and let Speedlab do its magic!
    Sir GTi ito na yun cheapest Civic? Inalis na yun 1.8 V variant?

"Honey, did you find the remote?"- WWF's (now WWE) Val Venis with Mrs. Yamaguchi-san at the bed. Raw is War September 1998.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Iba nanaman ba ang look ng current lancer? May nakita ako kanina ala pa plaka may itim sa bumper(ilong ng pating), tapos meron din yung may silver lining yung ilong, tapos yung sakin sinauna yung simple lang? ano to stock facelift o mod?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Go for the Civic. I have to say im a bit dissapointed with honda for the new civic. wala masyadong pinagbago pag dating sa design. pero i say go for the civic coz the FIRST BATCH of civics being imported here by honda are from JAPAN. Also, pati yung mga lime green na jazz from japan din.

for sure! there will be a quality difference. you may not realize it at first, pero give the car 10 years or so, sure that there will be a difference regarding maintenance.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi Sir,
    Yes, na-consider ko na Japan CBU ang 9th gen Civic. In fact, nilagay ko to as Pro on my first post. Very rare ang quality issues ng Honda Japan CBU. I'm not planning to keep any car for more than 5 years, benta agad after that. Pero di ko talaga kaya na matanggap yung exterior design at maiisip for the next 5 years of my life na bakit ganito ang design na binili ko.

Thinking ko na lang on choosing is:
    Kapag bumili ako ng Civic, magsisisi ba ako kapag nakakita ako ng Lancer EX GT-A?
    or kapag bumili ako ng Lancer, magsisisi ba ako kapag nakakita ako ng 9th gen Civic?

Now, I'm contemplating on getting the blue or white GT-A.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs_xix View Post
    Kapag bumili ako ng Civic, magsisisi ba ako kapag nakakita ako ng Lancer EX GT-A?
    yes you will.

or kapag bumili ako ng Lancer, magsisisi ba ako kapag nakakita ako ng 9th gen Civic?
    No you won't because they will be common like ants on the street in a year's time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123