New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'm quite skeptic on the 2.0 because it's more-or-less a carried over K20 from the previous generation, perhaps reworked and refined a bit. The 1.8, on the other hand, is an all-new engine. I'm also more confident that its better economy is more noticeable than its slightly lower power and torque. Too bad though the A/T version of the 1.8 isn't paddle shift, but heck, it's a Honda so get M/T!

And Niky, are you sure the 1.8 A/T is CVT? If I read the brochure right, it's a 5-speed automatic. The same also applies to the 2.0 A/T.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I didn't say it was CVT. Wish it was, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    What design flaw?
    From the 3rd episode of the current season:

"She says the gearbox is wrong."
    - Jeremy

"What it's not very well spoken?"
    - James

"No, she says everytime it changes gears, you go through the windscreen."
    - Jeremy

"I'm surprised you never mentioned it, that drawback to it."
    -Jeremy

"That's a big one there"
    -Richard

"I didn't think anyone would be interested in that."
    -James

*** Ok, finally understood it. That's a nasty shift shock
    Last edited by Bravoexo; May 28th, 2006 at 06:59 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The drive to SF to LA and 1033mileage review:

41mpg with A/C always ON and averaging 77mph.

What I particularly like is that it downshifts when you try to slow down on a downhill from 70mph to 65mph. When I had the Mazda3, it doesnt dowshift until 50mph coming from 70mph. This 06 Civic acually helps you slow down, in time. For some reason, I think it handles as better as my previous Mazda3. It is very responsive, but I think the turning radius on Mazda3 is better.

the seats are very comfortable, the bolstered seat are awesome. Yes, I had leather on my Mazda3 but it didnt support my skinny ass as much as this 06 Civic.

Ahh, AUX socket is perfect for my nano.

The km/h and mph is great if you want to fool the cars around you. I was going 121km/h and the passing vehicles are checking their own speedometer thinking they are going 121mph :evillaugh

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i go 4 2.0, bcoz i drive the 2.0. hehe... pero tipid cya,, yah yung nag mentioned na yung civic 2.0s is from the EP civic si and 2003 rsx.. it means.. its still knock your socks off.. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    O.T.

Saan/ano ang magandang dealerships ng Honda?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by petjdm
    i go 4 2.0, bcoz i drive the 2.0. hehe... pero tipid cya,, yah yung nag mentioned na yung civic 2.0s is from the EP civic si and 2003 rsx.. it means.. its still knock your socks off.. hehehe
    Dude, ano ang computed mileage mo with your 2.0? City and highway?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for the 2.0 bro.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Make no mistake, it's not as powerful as a 2.0, despite the 140hp rating, because of the lack of torque, but in everyday driving, you rarely ever need to get to 100 km/h quicker than 10-12 seconds anyway. Heck... even the "weak" 105hp Mazda3 1.6 is powerful enough for most driving.
    i totally agree with niky... the 1.8 will probably be even more than what you'll ever need considering the type & length of roads you'll be traversing on a daily basis. i believe that the 2.0 will only serve its purpose if your lifestyle requires it, meaning, if you're rich enough not to mind the added ownership cost & if your driving habits were to need more hp & torque.

for the experts here, pls correct me if i'm wrong but in that case why not go for the more powerful & a tad more expensive yet very sporty 2.3 mazda 6, you'll be getting a midsize sedan & not a compact.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Because it costs about one Picanto more. :lol:

Truthfully, the 2.0 Civic is likely faster than the Mazda6 2.3, but the 2.3 is much nicer to drive. In fact (quick confession), while I felt the Focus to be a bit stodgy when compared to the RS, and the Civic a bit too soft, I found the Mazda6 delightfully playful and light on its feet. But then, that's just me.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda Civic 2006 [1.8] or Honda Civic 2006 [2.0]