The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i have the same problem. can't choose between 1.8mt 0r 2.0mt

2.0MT - DOHC i-vtec
    1.8MT - SOHC i-vtec

mas nagbebenefit ung 2.0 engine (both intake at exhaust) sa VTEC kasi DOHC

sa SOHC, sa intake lng nagwowork ung vtec....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2.0 has more power, but the K-series was never designed for fuel efficiency.

The 1.8 liter R18 engine has less power, is only SOHC, and has a seemingly restrictive exhaust manifold, but it's got very good power for its size, and it's very fuel efficient compared to the older K-series engine in the 2.0. It's not just in terms of DOHC or SOHC or VTEC that you judge an engine, but in how well it operates with what it has.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    +1 sir niky!!! sohc or dohc or vtec, it all goes down to the driver!!!
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just go for the 1.8V/S m/t if you're looking for an FD that saves gas. My uncle even told me: sa arangkada (acceleration) lang talaga nagkakatalo yang 1.8 and 2.0. Anyway, If you live in the city and drive mostly on its road, go for the 1.8 variant, just be very cautious on what you're upgrading, (bigger mags tend to decrease fuel economy) adding up body kits (there are tons nowadays), and some ice (audio system upgrade) (subs, boxes, etc etc.). But if you live on the province where heavy traffic is usually uncommon then go for the 2.0 (if you're love driving fast). Anyway, throttle response with the manual is very nice, as many have said, it all boils down to your driving habit and style.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 2.0 has more power, but the K-series was never designed for fuel efficiency.

The 1.8 liter R18 engine has less power, is only SOHC, and has a seemingly restrictive exhaust manifold, but it's got very good power for its size, and it's very fuel efficient compared to the older K-series engine in the 2.0. It's not just in terms of DOHC or SOHC or VTEC that you judge an engine, but in how well it operates with what it has.
    Well, for me. i prefer a DOHC engine coz
    it'll be a lot easier to adjust valve timings etc
    the VTEC is working on both intake and exhaust.(bibili ka rin lang ng VTEC, dun ka na sa kung saan mas napapakinabangan mo ito, mas sulit di ba?)
    performance - almost same naman ratio ng engine displacement sa power output

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rj_tim View Post
    Walang safety features (like ABS and airbags) ang 1.8V. Imho, 67K is more than "justified" pag safety ang pag-uusapan. Although I'm of the opinion na dapat standard na ang safety features for any automobile dito sa 'Pinas even for the lowest/barest variant.
    Hello, I am new here and got a few questions. I agree that safety comes first. I would just like to know how important ABS is. I mean may certain speed ba na once you hit the brakes hard it would really make a difference. I'm sorry kasi I haven't drive any car with ABS so di ko alam what's the difference. Another thing is the SRS bags, some other says it makes the accident worse kasi it pops out which could cause injuries as well.

This just got into me kasi I'm choosing between 1.8V and 1.8S or should I post this on another thread kasi baka OT

TIA to all the tsikoteers

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The most important safety equipment on the car are the seatbelts.

Airbags can cause injuries if the passenger or driver is un-belted or if the front-seat passenger is small or short. That's why American-market cars now have airbag-deactivating sensors that turn off the passenger airbag if the front passenger doesn't reach a certain weight.

BUT: Airbags do help protect you from injuries in certain crashes at certain speeds. As long as you wear your seatbelt and sit the proper distance from the dashboard, airbags can help save your life. Just make sure you don't let your kids sit in the front seat.

-----

As for ABS, it helps you maintain control when braking in slippery conditions. It'll help prevent spins and allow you to control the car under braking. The drawback is that it takes the car much longer to stop in some slippery conditions, depending on the ABS programming. In general, modern cars have better ABS programming than older cars, which helps make stopping distances shorter.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ABS have saved my butt for a few times already now. :sweat:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Honda Civic 2006 [1.8] or Honda Civic 2006 [2.0]