Oct 2002
    1) Interior space/functionality - CITY
    2) Fuel efficiency - CITY
    3) Overall interior comfort - both
    4) Safety features - CITY
    5) Price / Value - CITY

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Our budget is around P650k but we want an auto transmission vehicle. Interior space and safety features are also important. Any other suggestions aside from the City and Vios? :clown:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    For the woman in your life, get the City!! But for the little boy in you, get the VIOS!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ford lynx swak din ata sa budget mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup.. Ford Lynx is also a good alternative for City or Vios.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Honda City 1.3 CVT para sa akin. Safety first! :D

fyi, i've been window shopping for cars the past months so i can tell you this:

the chevy optra a/t is at 675k;
    the lynx ghia a/t is at 700k;
    the peugeot 206 a/t is at 695k.

the lynx and optra are fully loaded (all the safety features plus the works in features like in-dash cd etc), pareho ding suspect ang availability ng parts outside of the casa. the 206 has the abs and airbags though not comparable sa lynx and optra ang features, but in terms of safety features, better than the vios.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    1) Interior space/functionality - CITY 9 - VIOS 8
    2) Fuel efficiency - CITY 10 - VIOS 8
    3) Overall interior comfort - CITY 9 - VIOS 7 (MATIGAS SUSPENSION NG VIOS, WHILE MAS MALAMBOT ANG CITY)
    4) Safety features - CITY 10 - VIOS 6
    5) Price / Value - CITY 9 - VIOS 8
    dagdag ko na rin:
    6)Looks - CITY 5 - VIOS 10
    HEHEHE

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mk
    1) Interior space/functionality - CITY 9 - VIOS 8
    2) Fuel efficiency - CITY 10 - VIOS 8
    3) Overall interior comfort - CITY 9 - VIOS 7 (MATIGAS SUSPENSION NG VIOS, WHILE MAS MALAMBOT ANG CITY)
    4) Safety features - CITY 10 - VIOS 6
    5) Price / Value - CITY 9 - VIOS 8
    dagdag ko na rin:
    6)Looks - CITY 5 - VIOS 10
    HEHEHE

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I went down a couple of dealership and this is my take on these two.

Exterior - Vios looks better. I really don't like the City's small nose, big butt, and tall look. Proportionally incorrect.

Interior - City wins. The problem with Vios is its low ceiling. If you are taller than 5'8" then I recommend you stay away from the Vios. The car ceiling is low and it slopes forward, it hits your head when you lean forward. The head room in the back slopes backward and it hits your head if you're tall and lean back. Backseat for the city can be tilted forward or backward and can you a lot of room. Trunk space is bigger on the City (500 liters) than the Vios (400 liters). Although 500 liters is really overdone. I mean, with a 82 hp engine, you really can't haul that much.

Price - Vios wins. P528,000 for the 1.3e Vios. It includes free LTO, rustproofing, tint, mat, and seatcover. I called up a couple of Toyota dealership and it looks like the final price can still be slashed by P5,000. City 1.3 S m/t cost P538,000. Only free mat and seatcover. I've talked to a couple of Honda dealership and the price is firm and no extra freebies, not even their pen Honda people just won't budge.

Other stuff - Vios has 4 speakers while City only has 2. City has powersteering while Vios doesn't. Vios has 86 hp while City has 82 (although I think it's pretty much the same). If you want ABS and airbag, then only City offers that. The City's low hood bothers me because I couldn't see the front while driving. The City's clutch is very near the brake, while the Vios' is near the middle.

Both car (the low end version) are pretty much the same. You can't go wrong with either one. The reason I went with the Vios is because I couldn't get use to the City's odd exterior look. I didn't like the clutch being near the brake.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda City vs. Toyota Vios