New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    APV an acquired taste? Looks great IMO...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Jazz 1.3 CVT maybe... more flexible if you're carrying kids. The CVT isn't that quick, but it's exceptionally smooth and very convenient in traffic.

But price-wise, the 1.3 CVT City is the best value for money. It's got a very large trunk, too (at 500 liters), which is very useful for carrying a weekend's worth of groceries and luggage. Or you can go even cheaper and get the 1.3 MT.

Carrying six people in a car that small on the highway isn't that safe, though... you may want to consider an APV (but the fuel consumption is so-so) or an AUV.
    Sir niky salamat sa response. I've also considered an AUV also because my brother who owns a Crosswind XT also suggested that I get a Crosswind XT also. My issue with the Crosswind is the ride, mas matagtag compared to a sedan. at fuel consumption is only about 10Km/L city driving, as per my brother although diesel is cheaper. And I dont think it is within my budget of 650K, ano po pala price ng Crosswind XT (Bnew)?

Im leaning toward the city because of the unit price although mas ok external looks ng jazz, ang sagwa kasi ng itsura ng city lalo na yung rear parang alanganin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Are you sure you want a Honda? Click the two links below the lemon...

6 people in a city is a bad idea moreso with the jazz which has a narrower rear bench than the city. You probably should get an Avanza instead.

As for CVT versus MT, CVT is not as durable as MT.
    sir psylocke prevalent po ba talaga ang lemon cars sa honda? ang alam ko pa naman maganda ang quality ng honda like toyota. available na po ba ang avanza? may mga variant ba ito like innova and how much it costs per variant? thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same boat here. Jazz 1.3 CVT is my daily ride and during weekends, I carry 4 adults and 2 kids. Comfortable naman, maluwag at tipid sa gas.

Its fun to drive. I bought it for my wife who just started to drive and it is a good car to begin with.

Had the car for nearly 2 years na and I have no major issue whatsoever.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    Hyundai Matrix, 690k with a turbodiesel. It's just a small stretch..

Or the Kia Rio wagon, low-600k daw matic na yun. Or the Kio Rio sedan, 530k. The Kia has a longer wheelbase than the Vios so would probably have more interior space.
    Sir orly Ok po ba ang quality at durability ng hyundai at kia? sorry po, pero medyo bias kasi ako against korean cars, di ko alam kung bakit. mas preferred ko lang talaga siguro ang japanese cars. anyway, maganda naman ang reputation ng hyundai starex. any other suggestion po or your reason/s for these recommendations? thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico View Post
    *niky,

none of the OP's choices have a third row anyhow. it's going to be a tight fit for 6 people whatever happens. although i managed 6 people in the 626 before (the shocks got busted, hahaha).

i think the only vehicle in that price class which can take >5 people in better-than-subhuman comfort is the entry-level Avanza. if and when it becomes available, but i read that the first 1000-2000 units were pre-ordered by some large taxi companies.

perhaps the OP should look into a 01-03 CRV or something. that also is within budget. although I am acutely aware that it's very easy to get financing on a new car and well-nigh impossible to get financing on a used one, so buying a used car is actually harder unless you're rolling in cash.
    sir orly i did not consider buying a used car because im hoping that the new car i will buy will last me a long time(10 years) because i dont intend to change it immediately. sorry po im saving for a house kaya for me mas wiser choice kung bago ng car ang bibilhin ko yung pangmatagalan. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Same boat here. Jazz 1.3 CVT is my daily ride and during weekends, I carry 4 adults and 2 kids. Comfortable naman, maluwag at tipid sa gas.

Its fun to drive. I bought it for my wife who just started to drive and it is a good car to begin with.

Had the car for nearly 2 years na and I have no major issue whatsoever.
    sir mguy salamat, tingin ko rin pag 3 adults at 3 kids yung sakay sa jazz or city will still be comfortable. anyway kung issue yung safety sa jazz or city, siguro naman its not much of a problem for me because im a slow driver, about 90KPH max at highway driving and 60KPH max at city driving. yun nga lang pag aksidente, minsan di maiwasan kahit maingat ka. thanks.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by maverickjazzy View Post
    sir psylocke prevalent po ba talaga ang lemon cars sa honda? ang alam ko pa naman maganda ang quality ng honda like toyota. available na po ba ang avanza? may mga variant ba ito like innova and how much it costs per variant? thanks.

Prevalent? I'm not sure, but if you ever find yourself with one I'm sure Honda will give you more crap.

Here's a brand new Honda on the showroom:

Looks like a cake of silver crap clinging to the underside. They couldn't even get a simple coating right.

BTW if you're planning to keep it for 10 years don't get the CVT, I highly doubt if it'll last that long. Replacement will cost a leg or both.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Crosswind: - the barest of the bare models is 739k pesos. But in your budget, you can buy a secondhand 1-2 year old Crosswind. The engines are pretty durable, so there's no problem with them secondhand. Kaya lang, yeah, they ride badly, and they feel really cheap.

Plus, handling and braking are just so-so.

But Crosswinds last a hell of a long time. My dad is still using an old Highlander, and it's still good. Our XUV has 90,000 kms on it already. Original battery, still starts on the first click. Original springs and shocks (but I'm aching to upgrade... tagtag!) are still good... Medyo worn down ang mga ibang interior pieces (loose na ang gearshift, but 90,000kms of traffic? expected) but overall, it still runs great.

It's not a nice car at all, but it's a very sound investment. If you're looking to keep it for many years, an AUV will be a very good buy... even better than an L300...

Medyo nakakatakot nga ang used, but if you're a careful buyer, you can get a good deal. For me, spending a little extra and getting an AUV will do wonders for your budget down the road. Just don't get your oil changed at the Isuzu casa... it's expensive...

Kia Rio / Hyundai Matrix - reliability of Hyundai Kia is still a question mark, but it's a hell of a lot better than before, and the warranties are good. The Rio is small, and buying it is just like buying a City... but it's got the bonus of being cheaper, and it's still all-power. The Matrix is actually as spacious as a compact sedan... only thing I don't like is the easy-to-scratch cheap plastics. I admit, it's a gamble to buy these cars, but so far, I've heard nothing but good things about the Getz and Picanto, which share the same basic engines and parts.

Admittedly, resale value is a problem, but if you want to hold on to the vehicle for a long time, you're not going to be selling anything for much at the end of ten years.

Honda lemons - Honda cars, in general, are very good, There are four 1.3 iDSi City/Jazz cars amongst relatives, and one 1.5... no problems. But irritating trim and assembly problems seem to be on the rise, as in the case of Psylocke's City, and other people's cars, where the trim is poorly fitted and the roof leaks or the dashboard rattles.

All I can say is, look over the car very carefully before you buy it, because once it leaves the showroom, you'll have a hard time fixing such issues. This goes for any car that you may buy.

Suzuki APV- just asked my clubmate about the mileage, it's 10 km/l, mixed city/highway. In fast driving and short trips, arond 7 km/l. Maybe 8 km/l in regular commuting. (he only goes to the provinces or around the village, so he's not sure.)

Not bad, but everything else listed here is much better.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sir psylocke saang dealer po ng honda yung car mo galing? lahat ba ng honda dealers di maganda ang aftersales service? yun po siguro ang cons ng cvt mahal ipagawa although sabi nila mas matipid. sa fuel consumption how much is the difference between CVT and manual tranny? thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda City vs Honda Jazz and CVT vs Manual Tranny