New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Good day mga tsikoteers! Ask ko lang po (isa akong noob) ano sa tingin niyo ang mas ok City 1.3 or Jazz 1.3? At sa tranny CVT or manual? Im planning to buy my first car (i prefer brand new) either this december or january next year, and I cant decide which to buy. My criteria are unit price, fuel economy, passenger comfort/cabin room, luggage room and safety. I've considered Toyota Vios before together with those two cars but scratched it off my list because of cramped cabin space. BTW, pag weekend po ang sakay is about 6 people (3 adults and 3 kids). Weekend is probably 90% highway driving and weekdays is purely city driving. At isa pa po, hindi rin ako expert driver, only have several months of irregular driving experience. Hope you can help me decide. My budget is up to 650 thousand only. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Jazz 1.3 CVT maybe... more flexible if you're carrying kids. The CVT isn't that quick, but it's exceptionally smooth and very convenient in traffic.

But price-wise, the 1.3 CVT City is the best value for money. It's got a very large trunk, too (at 500 liters), which is very useful for carrying a weekend's worth of groceries and luggage. Or you can go even cheaper and get the 1.3 MT.

Carrying six people in a car that small on the highway isn't that safe, though... you may want to consider an APV (but the fuel consumption is so-so) or an AUV.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Are you sure you want a Honda? Click the two links below the lemon...

6 people in a city is a bad idea moreso with the jazz which has a narrower rear bench than the city. You probably should get an Avanza instead.

As for CVT versus MT, CVT is not as durable as MT.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hyundai Matrix, 690k with a turbodiesel. It's just a small stretch..

Or the Kia Rio wagon, low-600k daw matic na yun. Or the Kio Rio sedan, 530k. The Kia has a longer wheelbase than the Vios so would probably have more interior space.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unfortunately, neither the Matrix or Rio have a third row, but I believe the Matrix has a bigger rear bench than any of the subcompacts.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *niky,

none of the OP's choices have a third row anyhow. it's going to be a tight fit for 6 people whatever happens. although i managed 6 people in the 626 before (the shocks got busted, hahaha).

i think the only vehicle in that price class which can take >5 people in better-than-subhuman comfort is the entry-level Avanza. if and when it becomes available, but i read that the first 1000-2000 units were pre-ordered by some large taxi companies.

perhaps the OP should look into a 01-03 CRV or something. that also is within budget. although I am acutely aware that it's very easy to get financing on a new car and well-nigh impossible to get financing on a used one, so buying a used car is actually harder unless you're rolling in cash.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *niky, pahabol, di ko nabasa entire post mo. ditto on the APV. it's a pretty good deal for the price. you do pay for the enhanced people-carrying capacity with the less-than-frugal fuel consumption and the acquired-taste looks..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, if it's provincial runs, the APV's consumption will actually be okay. It's in traffic that it sucks, according to a ford clubmate who owns one.

And the APV has the bare-bones unit coming out at under 600k... that's a great deal right there if you can't wait for the Avanza. Thinking about it... that's exactly what maverickjazzy needs. It's small enough to be easy for a new-ish driver, and simple enough to be easy on the budget. The only other sensible choice (for six passengers) would be a slightly used AUV.

RE: CRV- with fuel economy being one of the deciding factors, definitely a no-no.... ehehe.

RE: six people in the back? Drive very very slowly. I once carried nine in a Sentra, and nine in a 70's Corolla... not something you want to do for more than two or three kilometers...
    Last edited by niky; October 11th, 2006 at 10:25 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *niky, OT, it was actually six people in total. not six people in the back.
    but that was for about 1500 kilometers! (not in one stretch but over three or four days) there were quite a few aching butts there..

did you see the post of "ranma" from Indonesia? he seems to be implying that the APV has more interior room than the Innova.. which is believable, the Innova just looks large because of that long nose.
    Last edited by orly_andico; October 12th, 2006 at 10:31 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... the APV would have more legroom, I think. The rear seat is less compromised than the Innova, which has a really cramped back row because of the different packaging.

But it's got less elbow room. Think of it as a six-seater with space for an occassional seventh, as compared to the Innova, which is a five-seater with space for two extra occassional passengers.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Honda City vs Honda Jazz and CVT vs Manual Tranny