New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Thank you so much for your inputs and insights. I think I'm leaning more towards the City for now. I am also looking at the resale value later.

Yesterday, we went to check on the Suzuki Swift but got attracted to the Suzuki Sx4 crossover instead. It's taller and looks like a mini SUV. I find it expensive at 890K at 1.6 although it is CBU Japan. Am not sure about Suzuki's value in the market so it will still be a Honda for me.

Thanks 2x again.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi,

I was considering Vios, City and Mazda 2 Sedan a few weeks ago.

These are my opionions:

Honda City :
    -huge trunk
    -nice interior
    -performance ok

The Honda City entry model does not come with airbags which is a big no-no for me. The higher 1.3 city comes with airbags, but no ABS brakes which does not make any sense.

Personally I really dont like the exterior of the city, its really boring. I like the Honda Jazz, but its a bit pricey. At the same time you can see Honda Citys everywhere. This probably also means that its a good car.

Mazda 2 Sedan:

- I think it looks great (I just bought one in white), the Sedan just came in 2010 which makes it more unique in that sense.
    - FC might be a bit higher then Honda City, not sure on this though.
    - Nice interior even though the City is even nicer.
    - Trunk space is more then big enough for me.
    - Safety: It comes with ABS brakes and dual airbags which is very important to me!

I testdrove both cars, the city didnt really do it for me, ok naman.

The M2S felt very good, light and fast, took corners like a champ.

Conclusion:

The Honda City is a somewhat bigger car, probably the most practical car if you have a big family.

I decided to get the M2S as I fell in-love when I first saw it in person and drove it. It has ABS brakes and dual airbags. Honda city dissapointed me on this part.

I am 5"11 and dont feel that its a small car. However its worth mentioning that I dont have any kids yet.

All in all they are both good cars, it really depends on personal taste and purpose. In terms of performance and looks, I dont think they are comparable though

Sincerely,

Pauli
    Last edited by pfb85; July 27th, 2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivakangel View Post
    Thank you so much for your inputs and insights. I think I'm leaning more towards the City for now. I am also looking at the resale value later.

Yesterday, we went to check on the Suzuki Swift but got attracted to the Suzuki Sx4 crossover instead. It's taller and looks like a mini SUV. I find it expensive at 890K at 1.6 although it is CBU Japan. Am not sure about Suzuki's value in the market so it will still be a Honda for me.

Thanks 2x again.
    Or you can check Nissan Grand Livina. Almost the same price and has more space for your shopping delight.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Don't know where you got your info but all City variants come with ABS. Though it sans the airbags for the base model.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    First post!

I was in the same boat as pfb85 a few weeks ago. I was looking for a good sub-compact priced at the 800k mark. I considered the Vios G, the Yaris, the City 1.5E, and the Mazda 2 Sedan.

I settled for the last one because it was love at first sight.

Here are my Pros and Cons of the unit:

PROS:
    - Fresh look, ***y curves - benta sakin yung "grinning grille".
    - Interior is excellent - audio system is very adequate. Aux in and Steering Wheel controls are welcome additions. Only thing missing is USB support.
    - Fun to drive! It's light and very torque-y, making cornering really easy.
    - Big trunk!
    - Safety Features abound!

CONS:
    - Lower FE compared to the other subcompacts in the market (Vios, City). Mine is around 9km/L, but I haven't reached 1k on the ODO yet.
    - Kinda small-ish. City is bigger, Vios is around the same.
    - Lack of compartments! Glove box is a bit small, only one centre cup holder (although there are bottle holders at the doors)

Contrasted:
    The M2 is smaller and slightly weaker than the Vios/Yaris and City, but it's lighter - and it's really that fun to drive. Very easy to ZOOM ZOOM. The City is a bit more loaded feature-wise - and it's a really good car to boot. I just desired to be different - that's why I went for the 'alternative'. Imagine, four of the people in my barkada already have City 1.5E's!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I tried the "sit-behind-yourself" technique of measuring the passenger volume on the Mazda 2 and it definitely is small. My old GD Jazz liberates noticeably more knee- and leg-room. I'm also 5'8", medium build. It's not tight back there, but it is more claustrophobic.

Haven't tried driving the thing yet though.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thejonchoi View Post

Contrasted:
    The M2 is smaller and slightly weaker than the Vios/Yaris and City, but it's lighter - and it's really that fun to drive. Very easy to ZOOM ZOOM. The City is a bit more loaded feature-wise - and it's a really good car to boot. I just desired to be different - that's why I went for the 'alternative'. Imagine, four of the people in my barkada already have City 1.5E's!

If you want to be different, then yes, the Mazda2 is an option. But cabin space is tight.... The City is there to please the buyer....

10.5K:band:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    haha.

common denominator talaga sa mga nag mazda2 yung "fun to drive".

it's practical enough for our purposes, though. Our hefty american relatives didn't complain about the rear knee room, even if there were three of them in the back

but if we had the budget for the city E, we would have probably gotten that. hehe. paddle shifters!!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Go for the City!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    being fun to drive is just an opinion, to each his own po.

but when you really compare the specs, many would have to agree, we have a clear winner.

+1 for the city.

disclaimer: -owner of a 1.5 E city

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda City  or Mazda 2 Sedan?