New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    please help me choose between this two cars. im goin to buy my first 2nd hand car.
    i want to know which is more better when it comes to
    -performance
    -features
    -reliability
    -spare parts availability
    -maintenance
    -fuel efficiency
    -value for my money
    -etc.

i am choosing between:

2000 Honda City Type Z 1.5 EXi
    -255k neg.
    -60k+ milege
    -all power
    -M/T

2000 Ford Lynx Ghia
    -255 neg.
    -52k+ mileage
    -all power
    -airbags/ABS
    -M/T

i need pros' advice, please help me with this.. thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i personally like the Ford Lynx Ghia. but i think for 255K you can get a newer 01-02 model for that.

the Lynx is bigger, more powerful, has more features, more metal, more car for me.
    but i think the City is more economical runner.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Same opinion.

The Lynx is a better car to drive (definitely!), but the Honda City will be cheaper to run in the... err... long run. The Lynx has a bigger engine, with more sophisticated electronics, which means more things to replace as they wear out. The Honda City has an engine design that's one generation older, and very dependable, BUT it has poor body integrity (rust protection and resistance) compared to the Lynx.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't like the old Honda City... its body is just way too soft for use in the Philippines.

Plus, the Lynx Ghia is really well appointed as compared to the bare City.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Zechks, we have both models 2002 lang yung Ford Lynx and 2001 yung city. My observation, Lnyx is value for money for its class, walang tinipid. It has power, firm ride, synthetic leather sidedoors, leather seats, moonroof, rear window blinds, and pretty fast. Drawback is that it consumes alot of gas parang naka 2liter ka. On the other corner, TYpe Z is very matipid, Comfy ride (I find it better than the new one), ok naman space sa loob, no-nonsense yung interior (practical car). Just dont expect speed or power, kaya naman yng 100kph(SLEX) pero parang naaawa na ako sa engine.

So which one? it depends on you. If you're the matipid-type then city is for you. You'll be happy that u only visit the gas station once a week. But, if power and speed is twinkling on your head then the Lynx will satisfy your appetiate.

Maintenance so far parehas lang, no major problem on both cars. Regular Maintenance Sched lang.

Note : your type Z is nearing 75Km major Main. Sched yan, the timing belt, tensioner, etc etc so be prepared for atleast mga Php12-15,000 for the CASA cost.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello. Speaking of mileage for Ford Lynx Ghia. I have a 2000 Ghia with just 38K mileage. Anyone familiar on the mileage for this car? Although I think it is a bit on the gas guzzler side. Thanks!

Honda City or Ford Lynx Ghia