New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Homer, maybe it would be best if you visit a certain dealer personally. With that, you might just get a larger amt. of discount.
    Thanks Renzo, saldy I was able to confirm it with our purchasing guys in the office and may "set deal" na daw sila directly with the plant and yun na daw talaga mga discounts. They just picked a specific dealer to serve the company's orders.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Why not get a Mazda 3 instead ?
    Personally, Mazda's not on my list because I do plan to keep the car for a while and advantage for me if yung model ay marami o dadami pa sa daan, because it will be easier to get cheaper spare parts once I decide to maintain it outside of the casa.

I excluded Vios on my list because it's more or less the same as my existing car. Old engine, etc, etc. I initially wanted to wait for the new Hyundai Accent and Elantra -- kasi tingin ko ito magiging vios/city and civic/altis killers sa sales yang mga yan... just like what the Tucson is doing to the CRV-- and see what's the most bang-for-the-buck car. Pero parang matagal pa ata lalabas sa Phils yung dalawang Hyundai models na yan (some are saying next year pa ata)... and sayang naman yung benefit ko kasi sa company if I wait that long (and better to have a safer car sooner already).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Bakit ayaw mo ng Civic 1.8v? Sobrang lapit na nya sa choices mo. Or Grand Livina (if you're a family man).

*Renzo: MZ3 old body, gas guzzler. Ford Focus na lang. hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *HP : Ay oo nga ano, how did I forget that ? I was on Speedlab's site kasi ... sa mazda 3 page nila, kaya ko nasabi yun. ahahaha.

Yep, maganda ang focus. The low-end Focus is feature packed already ... It has a very spacious trunk, ample rear legroom ( not as big as the Civic's though ) and it's interior is simple. Nothing fancy looking, just plain simple.

Go to your nearest dealer ( Ford EDSA, recommended ) and ask the SA to show & explain all the features that the Focus has. Kahit low-end.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by homer jay View Post
    Different po sila. Early warning device is the reflective metal that you form into a triangle and place on the road when you have car trouble so as to warn other cars of a road hazard (your car). Back sonar is the one that beeps whenever there is something within the proximity of your car (usually helpful when parking).

ah ok thanks...o nga pala...i thought its the same with the sonar...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Bakit ayaw mo ng Civic 1.8v? Sobrang lapit na nya sa choices mo. Or Grand Livina (if you're a family man).

*Renzo: MZ3 old body, gas guzzler. Ford Focus na lang. hehe
    Definitely a 'no' to Grand Livina.

Was thinking of the Civic sana but dropped it out of my list because: a) it's already 900k for the V A/T - P100k out of budget; and b) it lacks airbags - you'll never know when this will come in handy. When I went to Honda Pasig last weekend to check on the Civic and City, dun sa side ng pasukan ng service, I saw 2 heavily crumpled Civics, yun isa nga, durog both front and back, yung isa durog lang yung front. Hirap narin pag sobrang lakas ng makina then you don't have all the safety features.

I haven't really checked on the Focus, features seems okay, and the price looks competitive naman. But what's keeping me from considering Ford is the long-term practicality of maintenance. Hirap kasi pag konti lang ang benta sa market. Yup, some people want "exclusivity" in owning cars, but I'm not one of them... because it's harder to maintain in the long run. (btw, I don't consider Honda as an "exclusive" car, sobrang dami kayang Honda sa daan. Yun sa mga nagsasabing exclusive kasi hindi ginagawang taxi... ang mga mercedes benz po, taxi sa ibang bansa).

Eventually, you will need to have these "exclusive" cars serviced sa casa parin, and most times mahal ito than sourcing your spare parts from your suki in Banawe, and letting your suking mechanic repair the car for you (most of the times, mas magagaling pa mga ito tumira than those inexperienced newbie mechanics na nasa casa). Plus if matanda na yung car, the casa probably won't have spare parts available din and will still have to order/import this pa, and you'll have to wait quite a while to get your car back.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Plus I'm really thinking I want a fuel efficient car din kasi. My Vios now is getting 12.5-13.1 km/l in a 100% city driving... kaso gusto ko na ng A/T for driving convenience, so I know I have to sacrifice fuel efficiency a little.

Most are saying that the 1.3-liter A/Ts are underpowered thus it eventually has the same fuel consumption (give or take 1km/li) kaya going to 1.5-liter or 1.6-liter na ako (tutal pasok pa naman sa budget -- although medyo P50k ang idadagdag ko pag 1.6 ang pinili ko).

I'm leaning towards the City, but baka lang may suggestions pa kayo why I should not choose City.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by homer jay View Post
    Plus I'm really thinking I want a fuel efficient car din kasi. My Vios now is getting 12.5-13.1 km/l in a 100% city driving... kaso gusto ko na ng A/T for driving convenience, so I know I have to sacrifice fuel efficiency a little.

Most are saying that the 1.3-liter A/Ts are underpowered thus it eventually has the same fuel consumption (give or take 1km/li) kaya going to 1.5-liter or 1.6-liter na ako (tutal pasok pa naman sa budget -- although medyo P50k ang idadagdag ko pag 1.6 ang pinili ko).

I'm leaning towards the City, but baka lang may suggestions pa kayo why I should not choose City.
    The City in itself is a good car. Even if I'm an Altis owner, the City's also worth recommending. However, you should choose the Altis over it if you want a car that can seat 3 people at the back, has a better ride, and has the benefits of being bigger (one of which is stability).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if you are in no hurry, wait for the ford fiesta.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ford parts... no problem basta nakakadaan ka sa banawe.

we still keep our ranger even after more than 10 years and we've always been able to source parts for it.

and the focus has been out for almost 6 years. may parts na yan sa labas ng casa for sure.

but the FC will definitely be lower than your vios - the focus weighs around 1,350 kilograms (the altis and the civic tips the scale at around 1,200 kg), with a 1.8 liter engine. but the ride is as buttery as the altis

and as renzo said, even the 799k M/T trend is loaded with features. (and ford sales reps give out 50k discounts as routine)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda City 1.5E or Toyota Altis 1.6V