New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hmmm.. sounds interesting nga. I need to do more research ata on the Focus. If 50k discount, then malapit na yung 1.8li A/T Trend Hatchback sa budget ko.

May balita ba kayo kailan lalabas sa Pinas ang Ford Fiesta?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    October 2010 is what they say... By the way magkakaroon na din ng new Focus (I have seen pictures already) so just in case you buy the current one you might regret it kasi sandali lang luma na kotse mo...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    October 2010 is what they say... By the way magkakaroon na din ng new Focus (I have seen pictures already) so just in case you buy the current one you might regret it kasi sandali lang luma na kotse mo...
    Oo nga, just saw from the other thread na Oct 2010 pa daw Fiesta. Looks reliable kasi parang ahente ata yung nag-post. However, I can't wait til October anymore kasi sayang din yung company benefit ko, hirap din kung kinakabahan ka mag-drive ng kotse na kulang sa safety features.

Plus, if I wait that long din, I might as well wait for the new Accent and Elantra, lalong tatagal pagbili ko ng kotse.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well if you can't wait then for me Corolla is still your best bet sa mga conditions na bingay mo...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hmmm. well in perspective, the current 10th generation (2006) altis still has the same underpinnings as the 9th gen toyota corolla altis launched last 2000. (same engine, same drivetrain...same chassis... etc etc. with some tweaks, and of course the facelift)

the current focus has a design that's from 2004, and a facelift (and mechanical tweaks) last 2008 so in essence mas "luma" pa yung altis kesa focus.

the next gen focus is slated to be released at the earliest... on 2011

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    well actually, yun exactly as to why I don't like the Altis. It's an old car with a new facelift. Altis na kasi ang kotse ng brother at ng sister ko (both 9th gen), one MT and one AT. I used to drive them before, and in terms of fuel efficiency, a little below 8km/li lang ako sa A/T, and almost 10km/li naman ako sa M/T. Parang same banana kaya medyo hindi kasi ako nae-excite to get or drive the new Altis.

In terms of accelerating power, parang hirap din yung altis na matic dati, but maganda naman yung acceleration nung M/T (but the clutch is quite heavy even when it was new). I'm expecting na mas hirap pa ngayon ang A/T since the weight or the car is heavier now.

Di ko lang alam if the Super ECT works wonders, kasi ECT lang yung matic ng 1.6 na 9th gen Altis. I had the chance kasi to drive the 9th gen 1.8G when my sis changed cars from the Altis 1.6 to the Altis 1.8 (9th gen din -- required kasi sila to get a Toyota by the company), Super ECT yung 1.8, ganda ng acceleration... di ko nga alam kung dahil ba bigger displacement o dahil sa super ECT kaya mas maganda ang response.

They say na mahina rin daw ang matic ng City, I will sched a test drive with Honda maybe next week to see how responsive it is. Gusto ko sana kung yun kukunin ko yun ay makakaabot sana ako sa 9-9.5 km/li ako when new, and eventually reach 11km/li pag naluma na. Although I've been reading na may ibang City, they're getting only 7km/li only. ..nagpapa-test drive din ba ang Toyota?

Re the Ford, sayang din kasi kung papalitan na agad yung model. Actually pa model change narin yung Vios ko when I got it, but hindi ako nanghinayang kasi it was basically the same car nun lumabas yung new model (plus mas napangitan ako sa itsura nung currrent Vios at mas mabigat pa yung car). Kaso naman, pag significant yung ginanda, parang nakakapanghinayang. Tulad kung bumili ka ng Tucson late last year, and you saw the Tucson now... from every aspect, maliban lang sa price difference, parang nakakapanghinayang yung naging purchase mo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^^^
    the quicker response can be due to the higher torque of the 1.8 and the better transmission control. hehe.

some current generation city owners claim 10-12 km/liter city driving, so 9-11 won't be far off... the thing about A/T subcompacts, the fuel economy does suffer in very heavy traffic, and if loaded yung kotse.

currently driving a mazda2, and I've seen it reach almost 7 km/liter under those circumstances.

I've also heard about 1.2 li i10s having the same fuel economy (~7), so not to worry too much.

about the transmission... well, don't worry too much about the honda A/T on the current city/jazz. it was the honda CVT found in the previous model that was problematic.

about old cars/new cars... well, ganun talaga. nagkakaroon ng bago every now and then. hehe. had the same dilemma a couple of months ago: would we go for the untested, but new design (with little previous local experience), or for the older, but proven model? we took the new kid on the block, based on its merits, rather than the age of its competitors

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    i have the same dillema.

city 1.5e or altis 1.6 hehe

lamang sa akin altis kc cheaper daw mga parts nya kesa sa honda

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Honda City 1.5E or Toyota Altis 1.6V