New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Exclusivity 'cause it's a Honda. Come on... that thinking is so 2000 :D
    Actually it's so 1990's. I'd never buy a Honda because i'm looking for prestige or exclusivity.

BTT: Vios vs. City:
    Vios seems to have better insulation and i can swear the suspension of the Vios is better in potholes (unless the units i;ve encountered were lemons). The City, even when brand new, elicits this ugly "thog"sound when you deep pothole it, even at low speeds. I've experienced this twice on a brand new City and heard it once on a City that got potholed right in front of me when i was walking.

However, if i were in the market now and choosing between the two for personal use, i'd get the City (or Jazz) mainly because i prefer the driving position of the City/Jazz well over the Vios. If it was for daily use by a driver, different family members (i.e. pang kids going to school) or for office/fleet use, my money is on the Vios. Different strokes for different folks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Pano naging premium yung City? Anong premium dun? Ni wala ngang special features yun. Sana pag bumibili ng subcompact, wag magiilusyon na sosyalin at exclusive yung kotseng binibili.

Anyway BTT, I'd get the Vios TRD over the City E, just because of the rims. But as a car per se, I prefer the City. Better steering feel, better engine, more trunk space, better looks inside and out.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Everything else equal,- I'd get the City any day of the week.

Maybe this is just me,- but the Vios just does not sit well with me....

17.8K:snow:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Everything else equal,- I'd get the City any day of the week.

He he.. parehas po tayo. When it come to trunk space, excuse lang po, no match ang city sa elantra. sori OT.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    He he.. parehas po tayo. When it come to trunk space, excuse lang po, no match ang city sa elantra. sori OT.
    In the order of things:

Elantra is a class higher than the City, bro...

City is with Vios and Accent.

Elantra is with Altis and Civic...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008

In the order of things:

Elantra is a class higher than the City, bro...

City is with Vios and Accent.

Elantra is with Altis and Civic...

Yes sir I know. My point is the price if you go 1.6 AT Elantra against 1.5CityE. Sori OT again.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Ako baliktad, I don't sit well in the Vios (bwiset na seating position talaga). :D

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    [QUOTE=vinj;2075845]Actually it's so 1990's. I'd never buy a Honda because i'm looking for prestige or exclusivity.

BTT: Vios vs. City:
    Vios seems to have better insulation and i can swear the suspension of the Vios is better in potholes (unless the units i;ve encountered were lemons). The City, even when brand new, elicits this ugly "thog"sound when you deep pothole it, even at low speeds. I've experienced this twice on a brand new City and heard it once on a City that got potholed right in front of me when i was walking.

Those are not lemons,vios really has better suspension than city eventhough the suspension set up is almost identical, one of my main gripe with this vehicle. At first i thought that maybe my unit is a lemon as i noticed that even when brand new, the suspension for me is crashy especially when potholed, that was until i was able to drive my friends city which is also brand new and the experience was the same. At least di na ko praning!!. But aside with the suspension and lata body, am happy with my ride, compensated by other worthy features - powerful and reliable engine(1.5E), respectable FC, very cool aircon, comfy seats, 5 speed AT with paddle shifter, roomy interior and one of the biggest trunk in the sedan category and of course the "porma".

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ayoko lang sa 1.5E City ang bilis mag-bottom out. Ewan ko sa bago ha, pero kasi yung 09 GM na ilang beses ko na nahihiram, mapuno lang (5-pax) kailangan ko na mag-syete sa humps or else the frame will go blag

Baka parang Vios lang din yun City na bago, first batches mababa yun stock height, newer mas mataas?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    honda city

mas maganda kasi sa vios
    mas mabilis
    di sya mukang taxi

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Honda City 1.5E 2012 VS Toyota Vios 1.5G 2012