New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    sir basti, ilan na yung kakilala mo na nagkaroon ng stuck clutch issue? thanks.

natanong ko lang kasi pinsan ko has a m/t and so far awa ng Diyos wala naman siya nararanasan na ganyan and hopefully, isolated case lang yung nangyari sa nakausap mo and alos i plan to get 1 in the future and i'm leaning towards the m/t but a/t would also be fin with me.
    sir sa forums namin 3 na ata as of my last visit. Yung isa nakilala kong personal kaya inurirat ko kasi mas interested ako sa manual kesa sa matic. Hopefully it will end in that three cars na nga.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sir niky when you say finicky and clutch that has a cable (on what you think) is it the same feel of clutch like the clutches of the year 90's a and above sentras, lancers, corollas, civics.. etc..?
    The biting point is vague, and it feels like it's either a cable or a hydraulic system with marginal assist. Meaning nakakangawit gamitin sa traffic. I'm used to it... my Lynx used to have a "Stage II" clutch meant for the turbocharged US version (Mazdaspeed Protege) and I used to drive a Focus TDCi, which also had a heavy clutch... compared to the TDCi, the Accent clutch is not so heavy, but it's not very easy to use in traffic, compared to manual transmission gasoline Accents.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I guess we're sticking with the Lancer > City > Accent in terms of bang in the buck in this segment.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Just read on a group that there's an issue on the clutch on the 2013 CRDi. It's manual. We haven't heard anything yet from AT. Maybe someone could shed lights on this? This might be a deal breaker for me just in case.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by istarbuxs View Post
    Just read on a group that there's an issue on the clutch on the 2013 CRDi. It's manual. We haven't heard anything yet from AT. Maybe someone could shed lights on this? This might be a deal breaker for me just in case.
    Don't expect clutch problem with AT because there's no clutch to press & release, only in MT you do the clutching.. HTH

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If interior finish is a premium to you, why dont you check out the 1.6 MT/AT Elantra? More upscale finish, and the base variant doesn't feel base at all. It looks even more upscale than the top-of-the-line 1.6 Lancer. Better passenger space, better amenities, larger trunk, almost as twice as big as the Lancer's. FC is the same. 6speed MT/AT. I like the solid "thud" when you close the door. Very minimal effort, para syang may magnet, katulad sa mga ref

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    If interior finish is a premium to you, why dont you check out the 1.6 MT/AT Elantra? More upscale finish, and the base variant doesn't feel base at all. It looks even more upscale than the top-of-the-line 1.6 Lancer. Better passenger space, better amenities, larger trunk, almost as twice as big as the Lancer's. FC is the same. 6speed MT/AT. I like the solid "thud" when you close the door. Very minimal effort, para syang may magnet, katulad sa mga ref
    Nag test drive ako sir ng Elantra. I didn't like the feel when I step on the gas/brake. It was too stiff. I am pretty sure adjustment lang iyon. Also another thing, hindi naman ako kalakihang tao but i feel like the Elantra is eating me up. Too small head room for me. I am coming from an SUV moving to a subcompact. The Accent didn't feel like the Elantra in terms of space. I find it more spacious than the Elantra. I haven't tried the other two yet. But i'll find that out during the weekend.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Don't expect clutch problem with AT because there's no clutch to press & release, only in MT you do the clutching.. HTH
    Thanks for the explanation sir. I haven't heard of any issues (yet) with AT. Sana nga wala talaga.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thansk sir niky & basti for the answers. kahit medyo nakakangawit, sanay na din sa m/t sir niky kaya ayos lang

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    thansk sir niky & basti for the answers. kahit medyo nakakangawit, sanay na din sa m/t sir niky kaya ayos lang
    4 other confirmed cases so far. 3 units HB MT, 1 unit 1.4L (which is odd, the only one so far). Our president started a thread because of the 1.4L gas Accent's stucked clutch problem. But most of the respondents were hatch CRDi units. I hope Hyundai could really fix this. The Accent CRDi has a very very big potential. Stylish, fast, thrifty, practical and attractively priced.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast