New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Since I don't really dig the Mazda 2 sedan's looks, I'd go on the City here. Plus, having tried sitting in one the interior really feels expensive and worth the price.

You can disregard this message but, wont you consider the 1.6L Fiesta S ? It's a hatchback too, with much more features and with much better looks compared to the Mazda 2 in any form ( may it be the hatch or the sedan )

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Never driven the Mazda 2 so cant comment on it. I do own a 1.5E City.

My maintenance cost is about 3,900 pesos every 10,000 kms. Basically 4 liters of synthetic oil and oil filter plus labor.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

You can disregard this message but, wont you consider the 1.6L Fiesta S ? It's a hatchback too, with much more features and with much better looks compared to the Mazda 2 in any form ( may it be the hatch or the sedan )
    I may concede to the fact that many prefer the Fiesta hatch styling over the M2's.. but the Fiesta Sedan? I don't fancy it at all, especially that bug-eyed rear. (No offense to Fiesta Sedan owners, this is just my subjective side speaking)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    performance
    i think the mazda 2 would be my bet lalo na kung both m/t then first gear arangkada agad ang laban. but that doesn't mean i underestimate the power of 1.3 engines, heck i'm also been beaten by a 1.3 kahit na ba 2.2 engine ko. i'm just more in favor of the mazda 2s

looks
    nakakasawa sa daan ang city. although it's good looking, masyado nga lang rampant. they're both good looking naman pero for me, the mazda 2 has some edge over the city

reliability
    depende to sa makukuha mong unit kung lemon or not. yung tipong mga ganun. at siyempre, depende sa mag mamay-ari kung pano siya mag alaga

maintenance cost per 10k pms
    no idea. even though we own a honda. we don't service it/do pms to the casa

resale value (maybe after 5 years)
    i dunno pero kung titimbangin ko parang lamang ng onti ang city since maraming tiwala sa honda rather than to mazda. tsaka mindset din kasi ng mga karamihan ng nabili ng kotse, na kahit na ba tipid sa gas ang mazda 2 kahit ayon iyon sa pagkaka alam natin, eh lamang parin sa pagiging tipid ang city

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I drove the Mazda 2, and I have to say that I had a lot of FUN with that car. It was very zippy. Very quick as it's not so heavy. On looks alone without comparing it to another car..i don't like the look of it THAT much..but compared to the Honda City that's EVERYWHERE, it makes me like the look of the mazda 2 much more.

When you have a car that not everyone has..it's much of a looker. If you drove outside right now..the 1st car you'll probably see is a Honda City..it's that popular.

I drove the Honda City for about 3 days. I used it for my daily routines. I do not like the design of the car's interior as much. It's definitely not a fast car. I was driving the City E and took it on Daang Hari (open stretch of road) and pushed it. when i got to 80, I KNEW i was going 80..i could feel it..unlike some other cars where you wouldn't have a slight inkling you were going 80, 100, or. There was a bit of road noise. Also..it's not so quiet as i thought. I drove by some students on the street and could hear their conversation though the window was closed.

But the City is a bit more spacious. Big big trunk.
    as for maintenance and PMS ..i can't really say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Honda city 1.3s vs mazda 2 1.5 sedan (both m/t)