New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    "Old Lancers never die"

Same car from the earlier pic. Sa friend ko.

http://www.mitsulancerph.org

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by melrome View Post
    "Old Lancers never die"

Same car from the earlier pic. Sa friend ko.

http://www.mitsulancerph.org
    ganda nga, pati yung pagkakakuha ng picture. sa SMBA yan no?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think you have the option from mitsu side, so let me give you naman the reason for the honda.

our family has hondas for the past few years and also the galant 96. the reason why we tend to stick with honda is because of its reliability on the engine and suspension.

take my civic 2000 for example, the first time it broke… the blower of the air con gave and it was 5 years after the purchase. walang kalampag until it reached 7 years. doon na ko nagkaproblem sa pangilalim pero once replaced tatagal naman. yung stab link and trailing arm bushing lang yung every year or every other year.

i beg to differ sa quote na “Honda” gets old quickly, theres a lot more eg and ek running the streets than the lancers. sana sinabi na lang na yung “city” gets old fast because of the design. another friend of mine has the city 99 and konte lang nagiging prob ng car. reliable naman daw and the parts are always available.

im assuming that your gonna get the car brandnew so parts is not an issue kasi 3 years naman warranty then after that, ill bet na lahat ng parts niyan available outside casa. though the engine displacement differs… kung hindi ka naman kakarera, ok lang yun. i test drove the new city 1.3, it could hit 120 with no prob.

with the lancer 2004 of my friend, every 6-8 months break down yung pang ilalim niya. sobrang nahassel siya kaya binenta niya kagad even if the resale was not good… ok lang daw na mura nabenta basta wala na sakit ng ulo.

just my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Bird View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm planning to buy my first car in August this year. My budget is P650K maximum My choices are:

Honda City 1.3S MT - P625,000
    Mitsubishi Lancer GLX MT - P628,000

Criteria: Suitability as family car (5 adults), performance, fuel consumption and maintenance - in that order.

I know that Vios 1.3E MT is also within this budget, but I'm not so keen on that car (no offense to Vios owners). I also don't mind that the next generation Lancer EX is just around the corner. Please do not count that factor in your advise (oks lang sakin yung current model, and besides siguradong mas mahal yung next model). Matagal pa naman yung purchase ko, pero pinag-iisipan ko na mabuti. So, I would love to hear your inputs. This is my first post, after reading the forums for some time... Thanks!

Since lumabas na yung bagong Lancer, meron pa kayang matira na old body GLX M/T come August?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Since lumabas na yung bagong Lancer, meron pa kayang matira na old body GLX M/T come August?
    ronw123w124, lumabas na po ba sa atin (Pinas)?? Akala ko pa naman eh September or later pa ang labas nito... Kung ganun eh mapapadali ang decision ko niyan - pag naubusan ako nung current GLX MT by August, I'll default to the City... Pero hindi ko pa nakikita sa Mitsubishi Phils website yung bagong Lancer.

Assuming na meron pa rin akong choice by August, from reading the posts above, I am slightly more drawn to the Lancer. 1D4LV nicely summarizes it:

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    if resale option is not that important to you and you are willing to make the necessary "suspension" maintenance. lancer na lang.
    1D4LV, can you please give a ballpark figure of how much the suspension repairs might cost in say, 4-6 years? That's after the warranty. I know it's impossible to predict, but from your experience as a Mitsu owner, baka may estimate ka. I'll factor this in as an additional cost of owning the Lancer, over and above the regular maintenance cost. Thanks for the unbiased admission about this issue with Lancers. I've read a few feedbacks similar to this one in other threads.

archie123456789, thanks for your inputs on the Honda City side. I really admire the City too. Pag nakakita nga ako ng City dito sa Singapore (where I work), nagagandahan ako. The latest facelift is not bad at all. Regarding your friend's problems with Lancer, suspension does seem to be the weak point. Some owners will probably get more headaches than others. I'm really considering that risk factor in this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by drag_addict View Post
    lancer ako. okay sana kung jazz pwede pa, lancer na lang.
    Hehe, hindi lang talaga babagay sakin ang subcompact hatchback. Maybe that's why the Lancer is a bit more appealing, I kinda feel that it's looks match my personality. A bit more "serious" hehe ;) Jazz exudes a more easy-going aura. No offense po to anyone. Both cars are great, and these are just my subjective opinions based on the feeling I get when I look at them.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    go na sa lancer kuya! hehe go go mitsu hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by melrome View Post
    Long term reliability sa Lancer pa rin ako.

We still often see yung mga 1st generation Lancers on the streets. The bar and L type. Countless boxytpes and singkits on the street.

And they are not even car enthusiasts. Sometimes bulok na yung body eh umaandar pa rin.
    My cousin had a box type Lancer until around 2002. Binenta niya lang nung medyo malaki na kids nila. What about your experience on the suspension? Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Lancer.

Compact classification.

Resale? Let's face it. Di naman mababa ang resale ng Lancer. Although di na higher than Mazdas(3) but still above the Sentras and still above Fords(Lynx) and Chevy (Optra).

Multilink suspension is a better performer.

4 wheel disc is better than the disc-drum set up of the 1.3 Type S.

4G18 is ancient but also synonymous to tried and tested. Like Mitsu's 4D56, a lot of newer CRDi competition is out there. But the simple and tested 4D56 has still its charms.

Roomy. Although the City is roomy for its size. For space per se, they are of equal footing IMO.

Driver's airbag is standard in the Lancer line up. The ticket to airbags for the City is the 1.5 VTEC variant. It costs north of 700k.

Style. In and Out, Lancer for me.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    basti08, thanks a lot for the reply I really hope they keep selling this till August '08, considering that the new Lancer EX is already here (starting at P900+K!). I'll be able to come home at that time and visit a dealer. Pag naubusan, oks lang din. I'll get the City 1.3S which I like too.

By the way, since I'll be keeping the car for a long time, I think the difference in resale value by then will be negligible. Kaya hindi ko masyado iniisip yun.

Thanks to everyone who took time to post. Very much appreciated po.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Get the City... Much better by a hundred miles...
    iam3739.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda City 1.3S MT or Lancer GLX MT?