New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Help. This would be my first time to buy a car and would need to know which one is better...

Mejo nalilito kasi ako which one to buy considering that the prices of the two are almost the same coz MAZDA is offering cash discounts now but Honda does not.

Consideration (according to priority):

1. Fuel efficiency
    2. Safety features
    3. Interior space/functionality
    4. Looks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    parang hindi ata same level ang comparison nito overall.

anyways:

1. fuel efficiency: this one will go to the city. reffering to the engine size, 1.3 will always be less gas-hungry than a 1.6. and mazda3 has been known for being a gas guzzler compared to its companion with 1.6L engines. averaging 7-9km\l compared to a city's 1.3 11-15km/l maybe better.

2.safety features. heads up to mazda3. honda is known for its "kuripot" for this feature. and mazda3 being the larger car, it has a lot more impact cushioning capabalities than a smaller city.

3.interior space/functionality: imho, i like the mazda3. parang mas "techy" kasi.

4.looks: ihmo, both are tied. i like the "angas" looks ng mazda3 but the city came out with a new look. so i like both.

magakakatalo na lang yan sa needs and budget mo. but i think, mazda3 is the better vehicle. pero may mali pa din sa comparison kase.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Alam ko may parating na Mazda2 Sedan na mas mura.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    #1 Goes to Jazz
    #2 Goes to Mazda
    #3 Goes to Mazda
    #4 Depende sa iyo.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Alam ko may parating na Mazda2 Sedan na mas mura.
    +1 ako dito

hindi pa ba narerealease sa pinas to? i saw one(mazda2 hatch) weeks ago at calalang hosp., valenzuela. kulay green apple. tikas ng porma

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks sa reply.

The reason why I am comparing the two kasi si mazda 3 currently offers yung discount na 90K which brings the price down and closer to the Honda City 1.3. Lumalabas kasi when it comes to price after discounts, the Honda City is only cheaper by 4K pesos vs Mazda 3.

Considering this, I got confused whether I would want to buy mazda 3 or honda city (pero honda city na ako dapat before I knew that mazda 3 had these discounts).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ganun kamahal ang city1.3? 4k less sa na lang and you have a mazda3. get the mazda3. hehehe just be prepared for lots of fuel expenses.

i have heard, mazda has better after sales services than honda. is this true?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well caveat is MZ3 is an out going model. Ever wonder why they have a P90K discount?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think I am in the same seat now. Which car did you finally get?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wey View Post
    Thanks sa reply.

The reason why I am comparing the two kasi si mazda 3 currently offers yung discount na 90K which brings the price down and closer to the Honda City 1.3. Lumalabas kasi when it comes to price after discounts, the Honda City is only cheaper by 4K pesos vs Mazda 3.

Considering this, I got confused whether I would want to buy mazda 3 or honda city (pero honda city na ako dapat before I knew that mazda 3 had these discounts).
    If you put top priority in Fuel Efficiency then go for Honda City. City 1.3 engine will beat the Mazda 1.6 engine in this category

Also the reason the Mazda 3 has huge discounts is that its an out going model and even stop productions in the rest of the world last 2008. There's an all new Mazda 3 model in other countries. Moreover, You're Honda City will definitely fetch a better resale value 5 years from now. Trust me.

Honda City wins the Fuel Efficiency by a lot. As for Safety, the 1.3 model comes with Dual Airbags. As for Functionality, it comes with the usual Fuel Consumption Meter, USB port AUX etc. but space goes to Mazda 3. Finally for looks, I guess its up to you. personal taste yan.

My opinion, test drive both. Add Hyundai Accent, Toyota Vios, Mazda 2 (instead of 3) and Ford Fiesta in the list. Forget the Mazda 3 talo ka sa Fuel Consumption and resale value. Good luck dude!

On a side note, I was also looking for a subcompact for my first car earlier this year. After test driving, the Vios, City, Jazz, Fiesta. I ended up with my Jazz now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda City 1.3 S A/T or MAZDA 3 1.6L S A/T