New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks all sa replies. Leaning towards the Everest because of the safety features but I might miss how easy to drive the City compared to PPVs.
    Regarding BRV is the shoulder room for 2nd row better than the City? Can it seat 3 people comfortably in 2nd row? How about in Everest's 2nd row?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jvo View Post
    Thanks all sa replies. Leaning towards the Everest because of the safety features but I might miss how easy to drive the City compared to PPVs.
    Regarding BRV is the shoulder room for 2nd row better than the City? Can it seat 3 people comfortably in 2nd row? How about in Everest's 2nd row?

Thanks!
    While both are marketed as 7-seaters, the Everest will definitely be more spacious across all 3 rows.

It's a tradeoff between maneuverability and space.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jvo View Post

Thanks!
    2nd row comfort for 3 is always compromised for non full sized vehicles. Shoulders will be brushing for 3 for sure. Innovas fortuners elantras corollas included.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just some rough computations since everyone throws around the phrase "mababawi mo rin yung extra for the SUV because it's diesel".

BRV annual fuel cost: 84k PPV annual fuel cost: 53k
    Difference: 31k/yr
    Price difference between BRV and mid-range PPV: approx. 450k. So, 450k divided by 31k per year?

It will take roughly 15 years to offset the price difference between a BRV and a mid-range PPV.

But "they" would argue that ... resale value of a diesel SUV / PPV is much higher ... you can sell the 1.5M SUV for 1M after 15 years ... the BR-V will have low resale value ... only 100T after 15 years ...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    But "they" would argue that ... resale value of a diesel SUV / PPV is much higher ... you can sell the 1.5M SUV for 1M after 15 years ... the BR-V will have low resale value ... only 100T after 15 years ...
    7 seater "honda" badge vs "ford" badge? Sa honda ang tingin kong less depreciation. Let say walang issue yan. Lets see

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just some rough computations since everyone throws around the phrase "mababawi mo rin yung extra for the SUV because it's diesel".

Assumptions:
    BRV city FC: 8 km/L
    PPV city FC: 9 km/L
    Diesel cost: P32/L
    Gas cost: P45/L
    Annual distance travelled: 15,000 km

BRV annual fuel cost: 84k
    PPV annual fuel cost: 53k
    Difference: 31k/yr

Price difference between BRV and mid-range PPV: approx. 450k. So, 450k divided by 31k per year?

It will take roughly 15 years to offset the price difference between a BRV and a mid-range PPV.

Naaliw ako sa mga gantong computations mo bro. Utak negosyante talaga! Naisip ko lang... Price difference between BRV and base Innova: 32k. 32k divided by 31k per year = just 1 year to offset the price difference between a BRV and a base Innova. 😆

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Haha! Anong suv yan?
    2013 Fortuner 3.0v was 1.7M, its selling 1.050M now.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Naaliw ako sa mga gantong computations mo bro. Utak negosyante talaga! Naisip ko lang... Price difference between BRV and base Innova: 32k. 32k divided by 31k per year = just 1 year to offset the price difference between a BRV and a base Innova. 😆

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Training from high school and college I guess. I like to quantify everything instead of just making blanket statements without basis. 😊

That said, quantitative analysis is incomplete without looking at the big picture. From a pure fuel xpense perspective, it doesn't make sense to get a more expensive diesel PPV. However, if you consider power, durability, resale value, image, and space, the PPV ultimately trumps the BRV. In any decision matrix, it's important to properly assign weights to each criterion to make a solid choice.

BTT, a base Innova is a manual. That alone is a deal-breaker for many. Same case for the value-for-money Hilux E. Depending on the person, the value of an automatic might be priceless.

Last edited by jut703; February 1st, 2017 at 12:41 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Should I also get the Everest Trend even though my brother just got one last December? Or it would be better to have 2 different PPVs in the family? In this case I might get the Montero, I just can't seem to justify the price of Fortuner with its current specs. Or Fortuner G is better than Montero GLS?

TIA

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you want the Ford Everest then get one ... Your brother has one so the better for you to scrutinize the Ford Everest ... Toyota Fortuner is the 2nd top selling vehicle for 2016 next to Toyota Vios ... there must be a reason why people buy the Toyota Fortuner even if it has a stiffer ride than the others ... Toyota Fortuner even outsold the Toyota Innova ...
    Last edited by Walter; February 4th, 2017 at 06:46 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Honda BR-V vs entry-level mid-sized SUV (Everest/Fortuner/Montero/etc)