New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yeah, it's really what you want, take for example us, me and my wife agree to buy a CRV, what I want is a 2nd hand 3 year old model to save 500k, what she wants is brand new despite the price. So, get what you want, what you really, really want, hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Sobrang daming factors to consider and all depends on what u want. Some scenarios na BRV is suited for u:
    -ikaw Lang usually in the car
    -you have a wife and 1-2kids Lang
    - hindi ka sanay sa long or wide SUV
    - u want to save 200k
    - you don't want too high of a vehicle to ingress and egress
    - u want the bells and whistles of the TOTL vs a bare SUV

When I had 2 small kids then, I got the crdi Tucson since size was appropriate for us and I wanted better handling and a quick car. Now I have 4 kids so I chose the new monty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    buy a vehicle that fits your NEED. filipino's are not the smartest automotive consumers.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I don't think the BR-V would compete against the Fortuner, Montero and etc. It belongs to a different market compared to those SUV's. I think the BR-V's main competitor would be the Ecosport, Juke, ASX and its distant cousin, the Mobilio and to some extent, it would also compete with the HRV.
    I don't think they created this to "compete" head-to-head with any particular segment. There are so many choices at this price point (from top of the line subcompacts, to entry-level compacts, to entry level crossovers, to top of the line Avanzas, Mobilios, Ertigas, to entry level innovas etc.). I feel it's an "aspirational, do-all vehicle" for single-car startup families who want the most car for their money, but put a premium on style and comfort. Wouldn't buy one though coz this will probably test your patience when it comes to power on tap.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Hindi ba magiging underpower brv?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Baron44 View Post
    Hindi ba magiging underpower brv?

Paano magiging underpowered? Hindi aabante? Pasulong? Ano brad ang nasubukan mong imanehong sasakyan?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Underpower ung mabigat ang kaha kumpara sa power ng makina

7. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Like avanza ung 1.3 niya ung una model parang bitin from fullstop
    Para umabante

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    The Honda seats 7 and has more bells and whistles than the lowest variant of the midsized SUV's. The BR-V TOTL is also a CVT but has a considerably smaller engine (1.5-liter four-cylinder*i-VTEC). Curb weight is probably a lot less, though.

Everyone here pretty much is aware of the mid-sized SUV's but is the extra ₱₱₱ worth it considering the TOTL Honda BR-V is priced at 1.119M?

Sent using Tapatalk
    At this price I'll get Innova anytime.

But for me if they price at the same level with Ertiga, Avanza, etc, then it will be worth considering.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    At this price I'll get Innova anytime.

But for me if they price at the same level with Ertiga, Avanza, etc, then it will be worth considering.
    Agree.
    Pinagsiksikan sa loob ang BR-V ang pitong normal size na Pinoy.

Can't compare a BR-V to Eve/Fort/Mont.
    If you are after the price, better get even the lowest variant ng Innova.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If size matters to you, no amount of bells and whistles can comfort you if you can't carry what's needed to be carried. This is particularly true if it's going to be your only car for a considerable amount of time.

Just to reiterate what people has been saying, choose a vehicle based on your specific needs. Daily urban driving with one to four passengers or an occasional long trip but minimal cargo space requirements? The BR-V should fit the bill. But if you plan to do frequent long drives with a packed vehicle, or you carry a lot of stuff on a regular basis, have a senior citizen family member that requires a wheelchair to be brought along, etc... then go bigger.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda BR-V vs entry-level mid-sized SUV (Everest/Fortuner/Montero/etc)